When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM blueprints

mjmurphy926

I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with the blueprint drawings that have been circulated around here several times over the years. I always wanted a blueprint of a 111h, but could never find one. So, I decided to take one that I have of the 203a and modify it to a 111h. All I have done so far is the dial font, numbers, and cannon pinion.

What do you think so far? What needs to be changed on the dial? I thought about L SWISS MADE L, but not sure I want to tackle the curved font.

These are big images, but they are only about 1/4 size of the high res original.

My 111h:

panerai5218111hwrongcas.jpg

go 100% mate

rather than leaving the inaccurate designs and printing.

I would change the strap/buckle etc...

look forward to the final design :)

Funny you should mention that...cuz as you were typing, I was doing this to the buckle:

EDIT - Moved blueprint to the first post on this thread

Still working on it though.

Any chance you'll make a few of these!!!! I'd love one!

You bet.

Once I finish, I'll post a thread showing the final version and tell anybody who wants the high res version (6486 x 4611) to send me an email address and I'll send it off. Or I may try to find a site that will let me post an image this size for download.

OK. I modified the front view as follows:

Changed the lug screws to single screw.

Changed the hands slightly shorting the lume cavity.

Cleaned up the strap separation area where it goes from 24mm to 22mm.

EDIT - Moved blueprint to the first post on this thread.

Other than adding L SWISS MADE L, does anybody see anything else that needs to be addressed on the front view?

Once the front view is complete, I'll move on the the other views.

Also, if anybody has a parts list for 111 parts, I'll change the part #s.

BTW, I printed this latest version on 8 1/2 x 11 plain paper and it looks really cool. When I finish, I'm going to matt and frame one of these for my office.

When I'm done, if anybody wants the full version, let me know. Don't just print the small version or you get those jaggies on the curved lines. Printing the full version, regardless of print size, won't have those. It'll be nice and smooth.

I changed the way I'm posting updates. Instead of adding a new blueprint with every update, I'm just replacing the original in the first post on this thread.

Look up there to see the latest.

I'm getting close.

I think I'm done with the front view (except maybe L SWISS MADE L) and the side view. That thumbnail buckle was a [censored], but I think it turned out pretty well.

Now I have to decide if I want to do the following:

1. Create a caseback.

2. Search for a list of 111H parts and change part number notes to the correct numbers for 111H.

3. Add "L SWISS MADE L" to the dial.

Does anybody see anything else I'm missing?

After several hours of attempting to create the caseback, I came to the conclusion that it was beyond me to do it using nothing but the original blueprint and Photoshop. I'm going to have to actually draw it, then scan it in and resize it to match this drawing, them clone stamp it into the blueprint. In the meantime, I decided to make an incorrect, generic caseback. Not close to 111H, but it'll still look good on my wall.

I'll post again when I get time to draw the correct caseback.

Until then, if anybody wants a full size version (6496 x 4611) of this one (shown in the first post in this thread), PM me with your email address and I'll send it.

:drinks: