When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

177L Crown Mod

MAHLER

I have worked to increase the space between the crown and case.

For me is maximum that can be done keeping intact the design of CG.

What do you say? For now I'm so happy, it seems to me something.

Previous:

17700.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After:

17704y.jpg

Detailed:

17705.jpg

You changed the crown?.... looks thinner. IMO kinda weird looking.

The gap never bothered me so I can't understand all the fuss about it. Adding gaskets and other modifications will eventually influence water tightness in a negative way. I WPed my 177 to 5 bar in a original state without a problem :whistling:

Looks nice :thumbsupsmileyanim:

But the CG on this pam has a roller cam-arm so when I tried with an extra gasket the arm was pressing VERY hard on the tube( BUT the distance to the case did increase!) and I think that the higher pressure will eventually make the worn and wobbly :wounded1:

The T:s T48 titanium crown is better than this one but is not springloaded for CG :wounded1:

Looks nice :thumbsupsmileyanim:

But the CG on this pam has a roller cam-arm so when I tried with an extra gasket the arm was pressing VERY hard on the tube( BUT the distance to the case did increase!) and I think that the higher pressure will eventually make the worn and wobbly :wounded1:

The T:s T48 titanium crown is better than this one but is not springloaded for CG :wounded1:

Have you tried the stem mod?

After a bit rounded 'teeth of the crown to make it look like a gen, I replaced the gasket with a thicker one. Regard the pressure of the lever, I noticed that my rep 177L allowed to wind movement with the lever closed (see the video that I put on youtube: http://www.rwgforum....my-first-pam-d/ ) . I don't know if the gen do the same thing, but I doubt is possible. If there is pressure to push the lever against the crown than the crown cannot rotate, but if the crown is free to move then I think that pressure is not so good. The crown must remain pressed against the hexagonal tube and the force against the gasket must to stop the crown. Now can say that I have not encountered problems, lever closes and opens properly. Now is not possible to wind movement when lever is closed, so the crown is locked.

After a bit rounded 'teeth of the crown to make it look like a gen, I replaced the gasket with a thicker one. Regard the pressure of the lever, I noticed that my rep 177L allowed to wind movement with the lever closed (see the video that I put on youtube: http://www.rwgforum....my-first-pam-d/ ) . I don't know if the gen do the same thing, but I doubt is possible. If there is pressure to push the lever against the crown than the crown cannot rotate, but if the crown is free to move then I think that pressure is not so good. The crown must remain pressed against the hexagonal tube and the force against the gasket must to stop the crown. Now can say that I have not encountered problems, lever closes and opens properly. Now is not possible to wind movement when lever is closed, so the crown is locked.

You should still be able to rotate the crown when the lever is closed.the guard simply prevents it from accidentally opening.

That said, if the lever closes without difficulty then it likely isn't doing ant harm.

Nice mod, it looks great!

I don't know if the gen do the same thing, but I doubt is possible. If there is pressure to push the lever against the crown than the crown cannot rotate, but if the crown is free to move then I think that pressure is not so good.

At my Gen Pam 90 it is possible to wind the crown while the lever is closed. I remember the same question coming up in a german Gen Forum and all of the Pam owners could wind their Pams with the levers closed, at least those who dared to do so :whistling:

DrOlson

Edited by drolson

You should still be able to rotate the crown when the lever is closed.the guard simply prevents it from accidentally opening.

At my Gen Pam 90 it is possible to wind the crown while the lever is closed. I remember the same question coming up in a german Gen Forum and all of the Pam owners could wind their Pams with the levers closed, at least those who dared to do so

DrOlson

if is so I will fix this