When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Pearl Of The Bezel Insert Was Off Centered From King's Sub

dvn

Just got King's new casing TT sub with black dial. Just noticed that the pearl of the bezel insert was off centered. What do you think about the watch overall? and what should i do about the off centered pearl? is that one of the flaw that should be fix by the seller? Please give me some voice here

post-806-1159962705_thumb.jpgpost-806-1159962728_thumb.jpgpost-806-1159963029_thumb.jpg

Just got King's new casing TT sub with black dial. Just noticed that the pearl of the bezel insert was off centered. What do you think about the watch overall? and what should i do about the off centered pearl? is that one of the flaw that should be fix by the seller? Please give me some voice here

post-806-1159962705_thumb.jpgpost-806-1159962728_thumb.jpg

I would just buy a new insert.

don't you think this is one of the flaw that should have prevented by the seller since i just got it yesterday?

how much one of those TT bezel insert cost?

Yes. Contact dealer. He might send you a new insert or even a new watch if you really push. I bought an insert from ebay, cost 22.00, looks great.

Does the hair dryer trick work? I have heard that gently heating the bezel will loosen the glue and allow for the bezel to be turned to the correct position.

That's not going to help . . . the hole in the bezel insert for the pearl itself is clearly drilled off-center. What your talking about only applies to moving the entire bezel insert, not the pearl.

Ask King for a new bezel insert. If she won't give you one, buy one (you can get one on ebay for as little as $10) and go with a different dealer next time. I'm sure it must have been disappointing, but even with the very best dealers you get a flawed rep now and then.

That's not going to help . . . the hole in the bezel insert for the pearl itself is clearly drilled off-center. What your talking about only applies to moving the entire bezel insert, not the pearl.

Ah I see, I miss read the post :p

King is a great dealer. I would be suprised if she was not willing to help you resolve the problem.

I would buy a new aftermarket one. It should be higher quality than the average rep insert.

Only problem may be that the gold color on an replacement may not match perfect. There is a wide range of tt replacement bezels from pretty good to really really crappy, and its hard to judge the quality from a pic.

Thank you all for your inputs, i have just sent King an email and waiting for her to get back to me.

I should have bought from razor (us seller) instead but he only had the blue dial offering.

What do you think of the watch overall?

Thank you all for your inputs, i have just sent King an email and waiting for her to get back to me.

I should have bought from razor (us seller) instead but he only had the blue dial offering.

What do you think of the watch overall?

Buy a better insert. That one isn't very good and isn't worth replacing or fixing. Gen for $125, or much better rep for $30ish. Check Ebay and watchprince.com. Maybe OFrei.

Overall a nice looking watch.

Obvious issues are the offset pearl and the offset cyclops.

Otherwise an acceptable sub.

We all have received watches with these type of flaws. I personally have paid the highest price dealer to the lowest price - they both have sent me watches with these type of flaws. I have bought ten watches in a row that were great quality, then suddenly a flawed timepiece will arrive. Always irritates me, however it is all part of the replica game. Some days I get a winner, some days its a loser.

New bezel is good recommendation.

King will likely send you one for free if your communication is polite.

The cyclops - let it ride for now and see how much it bothers you later.

New cyclops can be installed, not an easy task for newbie tho.

Congradulations on the new addition.

Just spend 22 bucks on ebay and buy a new insert. The pearl will look much better anyway.

EVERY rep has its flaws and trying to find ways to fix them is half the fun of buying and modding reps.

If you start being TOO nitpicky with a dealer you can start pissing them off as they are selling you a FAKE version of a $6000 watch for $180. Just be advised that your watch will always have SOMETHING wrong with it when it arrives on your door step as a couple of hundred dollars doesn't buy a whole lot of quality assurance.