When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Patek Philippe - To My Son

Guest Sql_pl

Makes you want to do something similar doesn't it. I hope I can buy a nice watch when my son is born so it's same age as him and I can make it a gift for his 18th birthday. Not sure if I will be able to afford a cool Patek by that time, only to store it for next 18 years, but we will see.

Last few months I've been checking out ebay for a gen sub or gmt master of same age as me for a little gift to myself :)

Makes you want to do something similar doesn't it. I hope I can buy a nice watch when my son is born so it's same age as him and I can make it a gift for his 18th birthday. Not sure if I will be able to afford a Patek by that time but we will see.

Last few months I've been checking out ebay for a gen sub or gmt master of same age as me for a little gift to myself :)

It would have such sentimental value behind it and is on the list for sure! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Jajaa 18 years.....My father bought two Patek Grand Complications. One for me and one for my brother...When I turned 30, I was told I could wear it on Sundays....Yeah great except now my father doesnt live anywhere near me so its more like 2-3 times a year now.... :-( He told us when we're 50, responsible and he's sure we wouldn't pawn it, we would each receive one. Until then.....Reps it is... Unless...they make a Daytona in a larger size

Edited by jcmiro

Nice story, but not very credible for an auction like that for one watch with that type of setting, even if it is a Patek. It's not the Grand Complications, for goodness sake!! But let's not spoil the mood. Nevertheless, has good sentimental value.

I have a gen Rolex Oysterdate Precision I already purchased for my daughter, which I will give her upon graduation. I really like the idea of passing down my watches to my kids. These would be all my gens (five so far, and counting).

Thats a very nice video,brings back memories. I gave my son a G-shock for his eighteenth birthday. We went out and got drunk and passed out In a hore house. On the back of his watch were the words "Sorry but you were adopted Btch", My son now Is doing 2-5 at Ohio State Prison and traded the watch for 2 packs of camels,memories :cry2: Just having a little fun,thanks for the great video :)

Thats a very nice video,brings back memories. I gave my son a G-shock for his eighteenth birthday. We went out and got drunk and passed out In a hore house. On the back of his watch were the words "Sorry but you were adopted Btch", My son now Is doing 2-5 at Ohio State Prison and traded the watch for 2 packs of camels,memories :cry2: Just having a little fun,thanks for the great video :)

Whoa... :drinks:

Seriously great video, and I just come for Max's sig line.

Great video. I have been planning the same for my kids as well. Not PP but something along those lines anyway. Unfortunately at the time they were born I could not afford such a thing but I will find each of them something special before the time comes that they are ready. I think it is even cooler if you pass on something you have worn as it adds to the sentimentality of it and the heritage. Thanks for posting.

OT: I'm definetely getting pateks one day, a simple calatrava ref.3923 and a chronograph ref. 130 like below. I don't care if I do go bankrupt trying to buy it lol. But to me a ref 130 represents all that is good in swiss watchmaking during the golden watchmaking era in the 1930s.

If you guys are interested, there's also a video of patek philippe's museum's collections. It's simply stunning. It kept me gazing at the screen for the full 10 minutes.

Edited by praetor

Thank you. That was a nice find. I have given my son my grandfathers Bulova Automatic from 1947, as well as several reps, a Graham Chronofighter, Pam 111, 172, a Bvlgari Assioma, and he weras them all with pride. I have also given him an art collection that would be the envy of anyone. When it comes to art, my standards are higher. Everything is authentic. Being in the business has it's upside. Leaving things to your children is more important than most may realize. It is your legacy, and in turn becomes theirs as the familiy generations pass the wind, uh the time I mean.