When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone ever disect a Seiko Monster?

jdkno

If so what method does Seiko use to hold the dial to the movement?

Been using my monster as my tool watch, took it out if the case to put it on and noticed the dial has rotated. Pulled it all out and had a look but I don't see any broken feet or anything. Tried to line it all back up and put it back in the case but once on the wrist and moving it will rotate again.

Hopefully someone can tell me how to fix this.

Yeah I had seen that. I guess what I am asking is does it attach to the ring with feet or tabs of some sort. Obviously if my dial is rotating then if the dial had feet or tabs then somehow they broke. I am just trying to get an idea before I go pulling the hands off.

Yep. The feet go into the two black circles @ 2:00 and 8:00 in the photo above of the spacer. It is a press fit. I would be shocked that you sheared off TWO feet!

Does the watch stem work for setting time? It almost sounds like the stem broke and the whole assembly rotated.

GS Hypo can get a little stringy in there, be careful if you go that route. You may want to try some double sided 'thin' tape. Often found in Scrapbooking sections. I just saw some at Target yesterday.

Just be careful not to hang up the datewheel.

rby-scotch-double-sided-tape-de.jpg

Had thought about the tape but if I managed to break both pins I don't know how well tape would hold up.

I wonder if super glue would be better than GS? I know I would have to leave it sit for a few days so the chemical won't fog up the glass.

However I did use GS to stick one of the indicies back on my UPO dial and it is still holding strong.

I looked at Jules Borel and they have a new dial for like $30 but I am not sure if it is the orange one. It says "Y Dial SKXA45". I doubt that is a yellow dial as that was a very limited run. The only other dial they list is Black.