When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super-Franken 3717

grifter

It has begun...

Concepta has been commissioned...

Gen: complete case set (case, crystal, pushers, crown, anti-mag cover, caseback), dial, hands, german date wheel, & movement

Rep: strap and buckle

More to come...

:harp:

Reading your post is like music to my ears! Congrats and keep us updated!

Thinking about going down the same path as you ;) Having on of Conceptas franken Top Gun´s now, and its a killer :D

I decided to go ahead with mine all gen project only hours after you originally posted this.

I too am thinking about what to mount it on. I don't want it sitting in a winder.

A used gen bracelet would be ideal but realistically maybe a kevlar strap and deploy clasp is a good compromise.

There is a lot of fun in a GOOD franken. Because someone you know has put in some time & effort into it, it was made for you - to your spec. When I look at a good franken, I am amazed by the results. Is it all to do with kidding yourself that this rep is almost a gen? Maybe, but thats where the fun lies - knowing that some WIS will not be able to call you out!

Gens are perfect, but they are boring in that there is nothing to do with them. The gens I had, I never polished or refinished them. Not sure why... but the reps I have, they get fixed up very soon afer i scuff or ding them! Go figure!

This will be another awesome project worth seeing to build up to! :D

>fingers tapping<

Importr- I totally agree! I'm more excited to get this franken then I was when I ordered my gen 5001-07!!

I'm going to go have it authenticated, just to get a real kick out of it all! I will post pics of it when I get it done at the AD.

Concepta has updated me, the parts are all ariving today and then they are off to Domi. WOOOOHOOOO!

To all the bros out there who are also getting the "genestein" 3717, soon we will have our babies home!

I have two of these now, one gen but (the doppler chronograph), and because it's such a great watch expensive as i got a rep as daily beater. It's like taking my ferrari to go shopping, you just don't like doing it. My rep 3717 has a gen movement and double AR. It's verry close to a gen. I got the watch of Concepta, not the most communicative lad and you need to chase him up but he delivers. He got me rep 31717 with gen a movement and it runs 0,5sec fast a day, that's impressive.

One tell tell on the rep is the crown, if there is something you want to mod, then it's the crown. I can spot a fake 3717 from a mile away :winkiss: