When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Perfect Mixture Of Superluminova C3?

olreon

hello,

i wanted to know if someone could tell me how to mix up the parts (dilutor, varnish, c3 powder) for reluming. should the mixture be more liquid or more thick? do you use all parts or do you only mix up the varnish and the c3 powder?

thanks in advance!

best wishes

olreon

I put a small amount of poweder in the cup, add a bit of varnish and mix it up until thick like when your nose runs if you have a cold...not too thick, and not too thin, it has to be smooth.

Then only as you use it do you add the dilutor and only a small amount to get the lume thick again...too much dilutor and the dilutor will take the paint off the dial, or cause the existing lume on the watch to bubble up and peel off, or stain the dial from the gas that comes from the dilutor...

So, powder, some varnish until thick like pea soup, then a small amount of dilutor each time it gets too thick...

Make sure you always mix with the glass rod as metal will dissolve and turn the lume black...

Good luck and have fun...

RG

The Zigmeister

I'm not questioning wheather mixing with a metal rod will cause the lume to turn black, I've read that in other places as well, but if you can't mix the lume with a metal rod, how in the hell can you apply it with a metal oiler without turning the lume black. :g:

Ziggy

I'm not questioning wheather mixing with a metal rod will cause the lume to turn black, I've read that in other places as well, but if you can't mix the lume with a metal rod, how in the hell can you apply it with a metal oiler without turning the lume black. :g:

I dont' know, it just kind of dissolves the oiler if you use the oiler to mix it, I guess 'cause your rubbing and mixing it up...whereas when you apply it, your only picking up the lume with the oiler and applying it to the dial, no rubbing involved...

It does turn black if you mix with a oiler, but applying it is fine...

Don't ask me, I only use the stuff, not design it.... :D

RG