When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Day-Date Chrono with Tachymeter

Joeblack

Hi guys,

any suggestions for a day-date chronograph with tachymeter bezel? I'm considering Ebel Discovery, Tag Heuer Carrera, even IWC 3717 (but this one doesn't have a tachymeter).

What would be your recommendation? Wristshots are very welcome.

BTW, should I be afraid of using the chrono function on the asian 7750?

Thanks,

JB

I have both the Ebel and the 3717. The Ebel is more accurate out of the box, but I have modded the 3717 and it is my favorite watch, bar none ...

ebel_discovery.jpg

3717_wrist_new_1.jpg

The BCE also has the tachymeter scale, but it's a big chunk of steel and date only.

bce.jpg

You should also look at the Newman Daytonas. Of course they don't have day/date wheels.

Edited by tomhorn

• 1 month later...

I found one more - the IWC GST Chrono. Any experiences with this particular watch?

Is the Ebel a silver dial or white dial, i always thought of it having a white dial, but Puretime lists it as "silver", then went to Ebel's site and they also describe it as "silver".

Thanks

Paco

Is the Ebel a silver dial or white dial, i always thought of it having a white dial, but Puretime lists it as "silver", then went to Ebel's site and they also describe it as "silver".

Thanks

Paco

I would classify it as 'off-white'. Not perfectly white, but definitely not silver.

My pic is pretty accurate color-wise, and the rep is pretty much impossible to tell from gen. You can tell the difference by looking at the second hand, hour and minute hands, and datewheels.

I would classify it as 'off-white'. Not perfectly white, but definitely not silver.

My pic is pretty accurate color-wise, and the rep is pretty much impossible to tell from gen. You can tell the difference by looking at the second hand, hour and minute hands, and datewheels.

Thanks a lot Tomhorn!

Would you recommend it? I'm torn between this Ebel, the TH Carrera day-date (white) and the Montblanc Sport Steel (also white).

I have the Tag Day/Date and the Ebel, I would go for the Ebel everytime!!

Fantastic watch, build quality is excellent, put in ETA day/date wheels and you are pretty much gen!

Sixx :bones:

Thanks a lot Nikki!

I once tried the gen Ebel and it wore very thin compared to other 7750 chronos, on most dealers listing it's decribed at 15 whereas on the gen listing it's reported at 13mm. Another question, do the pushers and crown screw down? i see that it looks like they do on the rep, but i´m not sure.

PS: Loved your bass intro to Primal Scream Nikki, congrats! : )

The Ebel wears smaller than other 44mm chronos mainly due to the flowing lines of the case and the way the bracelet attaches to the head!

It sits at 15mm high, pretty much the norm for 44mm watches, but wears so much better due to the superb lines of the watch!

Yeah the crown and pushed screw down, I just got a gen crown and tube from our main man Andyfxr!!

Lol, thanks, just a little diddy I came up with!!

Sixx :bones: