When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

regulate my 177L

urbanshogun

So i've been wearing my 177L for a couple of days, and I have noticed it runs very fast, almost 4 minutes an hour. When I woke up this morning, it was 40 minutes ahead!

So I opened it and moved that little dagger towards the minus (-) sign, but this seems to have had no effect.

How am I meant to regulate it properly?

I mean, something like 1 minute deviation a day, I can live with, but 5 minutes an hour! I don't think so.

A coil in the balance spring will be touching another making the spring efectivly shorter, there are a number of posts about it, one solution can be giving it a bit of a slap in the palm of your hand to dislodge them, have a search and you will find a number of expalanations

A coil in the balance spring will be touching another making the spring efectivly shorter, there are a number of posts about it, one solution can be giving it a bit of a slap in the palm of your hand to dislodge them, have a search and you will find a number of expalanations

Yes! I looked closer with my helping hand and i saw one coil touching another. Banging the watch did not fix it though, so i stuck my screwdriver in and pulled them apart a bit. It's running better now. I have not had very long to observe it though. Thanks for the help guys!

You should probably never really "stick" your screw driver into any movement. If the watch is new, I'd speak with the dealer. If you plan on getting the watch serviced, it's probably nothing a good service won't fix. Getting your watch serviced is highly recommended whether it's come with problems or not, it will guarantee that your watch will keep running smooth for years to come.

Avoid sticking anything else into your movement without the proper tools. You don't wanna fudge it up more than it's already fudged.

my .02cents

hehe i think I fixed it.

I pulled that spring pretty far and stretched it. it looks much bigger and it's motion is smoother and longer now. Hasn't lost or gained a minute for 2 hours or so. much better than before.

Also, the movement in this rep is pretty sub standard. I'd rather get it replaced with a swiss or an asian high beat with the correct swan neck than have it serviced.

You stretched the mainspring????? :bangin:

The asian 6497 is fine and should run just as well as the highbeat or the swiss. It's a fine movement with servicing and shouldn't be any better than the highbeat version from what i hear. The fact that you're sticking screwdrivers into it, and stretching out mainsprings doesn't sound like the brightest of ideas. Here's The Zigmeister's review on the movement itself in question: http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/77692-movement-review-asian-6497-2-216k-bph/page__view__findpost__p__485667

If you're set on getting a swiss 6497 be prepared to have to put down the bucks pretty soon, because at the rate your going.. the current movement you have might fail at any moment given the things you've been doing to it..

If your watch stops running pretty soon.. now we know why....

haha this is just like when I graphite lubed my seconds @ 6 daytona...

But it still hasn't lost a minute. I guess my jungle watchsmithing worked ;)

Maybe you've got a knack for tinkering! haha Cheers and congrats on the 177, i've got one on the way, hopefully mine doesn't come going 48 minutes fast per day like yours! In any case, mine will be getting a servicing to ensure longevity! ;)