When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

oh Mary...

yadda

Hey all,

I've been agonizing over the DSSD since its release... now that I feel that the factories have made significant improvements, I've been profusely itching to pull the trigger. so I finally broke down and placed my order with Mary - since she comes highly recommended by many in this community.

Communication with Mary was pleasant and swift... My order was placed and paid for via PP on Jan 25th. Confirmation of payment was received from Mary and in her reply she wrote: "I will show you pics tomorrow". So far 3 days have gone by without the promised QC pics. I've sent a followup inquiry but she's been basically incommunicado ever since.

Now I realize this may be just ME needlessly panicking... we're in the midst of the Chinese New year holidays after all. I assume that she's probably packed it in for the holidays at this point. I really wouldn't have minded waiting... but this radio silence is killing me.

Any advice from fellow patrons would be greatly appreciated...

Cheers

wow... a veteran member with 3 posts! rare find you are! Hope all is well.

Which model did you purchase from mary? I'm guessing it was the Ultimate.

I woudn't worry till at least wednesday or thursday of next week. Although she shouldn't have told yout that she'd send you pictures if her plans were to go on holidays the next day! keep us informed.

wow... a veteran member with 3 posts! rare find you are! Hope all is well.

Which model did you purchase from mary? I'm guessing it was the Ultimate.

I woudn't worry till at least wednesday or thursday of next week. Although she shouldn't have told yout that she'd send you pictures if her plans were to go on holidays the next day! keep us informed.

All is well, thanks plaifender! Yes, I've been around for quite some time... I remember a simpler time when there were only one or two watering holes for rep collectors. The explosion of fora with so many amazing reviews and the wealth of information available today (in contrast) is amazing to see.

Yes, the DSSD I ordered from Mary was indeed the Ultimate version.

I doubt any of the dealers are checking anything right now. I have stuff coming as well and I'm expecting radio silence for a week or so.

Agreed... Even our rep dealers deserve a holiday, a bit of patience, jeez! :)

Sorry folks, I haven't had the chance to post an update: Mary finally shipped the DSSD... but never provided the promised QC pics whatsoever, so my fingers are crossed. Currently it's en-route and it's looking like the delivery date will be this Monday or Tuesday. Still optimistic though :D

@subbiesrock: it's not so much that I was being impatient about the shipment as it was not being able to see the QC pics before OK'ing said shipment ;)

Edited by yadda

UPDATE: Mary's DSSD has arrived!! Just got it about an hour ago so I haven't yet had the chance to do an in-depth inspection.

First impressions are good... this baby's a chunker! She's got some serious wrist presence on my 7" "girly limbs" :pardon:

I really can't tell the difference between it's 316F steel when compared to my other 316L subs... they frankly look virtually identical (wondering if it really is 316F in the first place).

Under the hood is supposed to be an ETA clone (which winds quite smoothly btw). My only immediate gripe is that the slide lock doesn't "lock" properly.

I've got it set to the smallest adjustment... but if I arc my wrist downwards, it just seems to slip out almost to full length. Otherwise, I'm quite happy with this purchase.

Here's a quick pic (sorry about the dust and fingerprints)

img4093o.jpg

Thanks to all that chimed in.

Edited by yadda

Looks great overall.. apart from a little slight gapping between bracelet and lugs.

I can never get over the fat hour marker rings though on the ultimate:( Happy with my Trevor 2010 V5 :)

That's really strange about your diver extension slipping out. I don't see how it can happen with the glidelock system.. since it really doesn't allow anything to get past the teeth with the lock is closed... Can you take a picture of the bracelet clasp in closed and open positions?

Looks great overall.. apart from a little slight gapping between bracelet and lugs.

I can never get over the fat hour marker rings though on the ultimate:( Happy with my Trevor 2010 V5 :)

That's really strange about your diver extension slipping out. I don't see how it can happen with the glidelock system.. since it really doesn't allow anything to get past the teeth with the lock is closed... Can you take a picture of the bracelet clasp in closed and open positions?

The bracelet/lug gap is much more pronounced in the pic but barely perceptible in person... I can live with that.

With regards to the glide lock on my bracelet... I believe the issue is that the teeth are barely grabbing the lock mechanism. Flexing my wrist downwards would put pressure on the under side of the clasp creating just enough leverage to cause the teeth to loosen the their grip. It's apparently an issue that some other owners also have experienced. Someone had suggested removing the diver's extension all together... That's what I did and YAY! it no longer slips! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by yadda

The glidelock extension can be removed and the clasp will remain functional?? i think i'm confused :g:

The diver extension is what I removed... it uses the same screw pin to hold it in place as the links do.

Basically it's like sizing your bracelet, only you're removing the diver extension instead of a link.

Have the same diver ext issue with my bk dssd. Seems that the inner clasp mechanics (forgive the incorrect term) don't follow the same shape as the outer clasp "cover", thus the glide lock doesn't engage the diver ext all that well. Think i remember reading that someone fixed it by bending it over the end of a tennis racket?.,, In any case ive got a new clasp on the way from d-rock that I'm hoping will solve the issue.