When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The upcoming 312

StormTooper4

Though I had seen the posts talking about it and that there were some very strong opinions against a rep of the 312 I am actually looking forward to this and I'm really please Angus has set the wheels in motion for it.

Though I am please with the new 005,111,177,219 range I have enough Historic PAM's and though I like details as much as the next OCD'r I aint to bothered by them enough to change cases and crystals etc

Being slight of wrist, I did have a 1950 but had to let it go cos it was just too big, so I have always hankered after the 44mm 1950 case versions.

This link was posted on RG http://www.puretimewatch.com/blog/120/.

But I though I do a dial comparison

312dial.jpg

I am thinking it looks Bloody good, may be a mm out here and there but if they can get a correct width date font with the right colour I reckon we could be of for a winner.

Also movement will be using modified A7750 movement, and though it doesn't bother me too much, it sounds great as well, but I really dont want to get in to a big debate about the movement here.

What do you guys think on the dial?

Actually, I think this upcoming 312 will be the 4th version of this series.

The first version, sold by Robert, erroneously had a "3" on the dial (it had a date window next to the "3" as well).

The 2nd version, which I bought, deleted the "3". Here is a photo of my watch (I returned this watch to the dealer as it had a bad movement and I thought it was a bad rep, poor quality overall):

iPhonePictures160.jpg

The 3rd version, which I bought and recently sold, improved the dial, case and movement, but still had obvious cosmetic issues, such as the date window, but it was a BIG improvement over version 1 and version 2:

iPhonePictures902.jpg

ugoderosa thanks for you post, its nice to see the evolution of versions.

I think we are all holding our breath for the correct Date font and DW position. If the quality is up there with the 111J/177L then it should be a great watch regardless of the issues that some have with the movement.

• 2 weeks later...

After waiting ages for the rep, ich had :whistling: to buy the gen in November last year.

Compared to whats on my wrist right now,

i see only minor differences:

a) "L Swiss made L" Font to large, on the gen its hardly to see so fine it is..

B) Luminor Marina is too white, gen is more off white

c) Backside: the Unruh ( german word) is at 6, on the gen its at 5

and of course the horrible date...

Regards

André