When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why do we buy reps?

Kal Vilmer

Today, even the watch afficianados can't tell the difference without opening them up. They are great forgeries, at a fraction of the price...........and we get to wear a variety of brands.

that's one explanation, but for me it;s either this or drugs.

"it;s either this or drugs" :lol:

Where do I fit into this gen vs rep thread with my 100% gen Concepta piece?

I bought the 3717 rep, v1, modified datewheel, ar, dropped accidentally, sent in to get it fixed, was told that the Asian parts are not as serviceable as the real thing. Wore busted for a while. Decided I love the watch. Contacted Concepta, made a transfer out of bank account...stay tuned for the rest.

I will now have a genuine IWC movement ticking away on my wrist for significantly less than the price of new piece.

I pride myself on being frugal. I like to have nice things but I never pay retail.

Edited by MusicBiz

"I never pay retail." "It's either this or drugs." "Sign me the fuk up." I agree with all of these. But, honestly, I have some gens and I have some reps and what I enjoy most out of this hobby is the comradery I get from all you sons-of-bitches :group:

"I never pay retail." "It's either this or drugs." "Sign me the fuk up." I agree with all of these. But, honestly, I have some gens and I have some reps and what I enjoy most out of this hobby is the comradery I get from all you sons-of-bitches :group:

Sorry tabularasa.... but in your 1 month here.. I feel left out of your comradery shower :( , I think this is my first exchange with you ever... :( Where's the love bro? haha... Comradery is fun, watches are better though. I'd trade my friendship with anyone of you a-holes for one of those shiny franken AP's from Sander.. haha

+1000 :yeah:

you do know that when tabularasa is talking about sons-of-bitches.. he referring to you..! No need to get too proud broham ;) haha just playin!

Sorry tabularasa.... but in your 1 month here.. I feel left out of your comradery shower :( , I think this is my first exchange with you ever... :( Where's the love bro? haha... Comradery is fun, watches are better though. I'd trade my friendship with anyone of you a-holes for one of those shiny franken AP's from Sander.. haha

you do know that when tabularasa is talking about sons-of-bitches.. he referring to you..! No need to get too proud broham ;) haha just playin!

;)