When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Out-of-Box Date-Just?

Revano

Can't find any in-depth reviews of Rolex Date-Just reps. So what's the best, most accurate out-of-box Date Just rep?

hey man, well it depends on what datejust your looking for? if its the vintage ones then i would sugest building one yourself with gen case,tube,crown etc... the new styles are pretty good, but the one major flaw with the current datejusts is the end links on the bracelets. but im sure the dealers here on the board carry some nice basic ones. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Agree with Craig. If you want the best one, it has to be built from gen bits :D

This one has the following:

Gen case, dial, date wheel, crown, tube, jubilee bracelet with a stilty movement holder & clarks crystal. One day I'll get around to installing the gen crystal.

DSC_0896.jpg

DSC_0906.jpg

DSC_0913.jpg

DSC_0914.jpg

DSC_0915.jpg

One day I'll get around to installing the gen crystal.

S-

You could do the swap in under 10 min! It's an easy one...

I can walk you through it if you like, but you probably know the procedure already? If not... Just shoot me a PM...

BTW, I agree... A Franken-Just is easy to achieve and can be built for a relatively sane amount of money. One of those pieces that can be all gen on the outside and all reliable ETA on the inside :)

IMG_6381.jpg

S-

You could do the swap in under 10 min! It's an easy one...

I can walk you through it if you like, but you probably know the procedure already? If not... Just shoot me a PM...

Thanks R! Actually, just hasn't been on my priority list. Do you know which crystal I would need?

BTW, I agree... A Franken-Just is easy to achieve and can be built for a relatively sane amount of money. One of those pieces that can be all gen on the outside and all reliable ETA on the inside :)

Does your's have gen hands too? Do they fit without much work onto the ETA engine?

Does your's have gen hands too? Do they fit without much work onto the ETA engine?

Nah... They're just plain ol' ETA hands.

Gen hands can be made to fit, but it will require some broaching and collet work. Each of the gen hands have a slight bit of variation in tube size over the 90/150/25 sizing of an ETA 2836/46/24/92, depending on whch caliber they're originally meant to fit on (i.e. 1520/70/75, 3035/3135)...

I have the sizes written down somewhere...