When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Tag Heuer Carrea Calibre 16 with black face and ss bracelet

testhm

Hello all,

i would like to share the first pic of my new Tag Heuer Carrea Calibre 16 with you which arrived today.

I think it is a very nice looking watch and i am verry happy with the quality. It is the 43mm version with double AR.

Your comments are welcome! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Sorry for bad pic, tomorrow with daylight i will took further pics for you and post them here.

Are there special points to consider when setting date with the new asian 7750 movement, beside the rule not to set the date between 7pm to 2am?

Best wiches.

carrerav.jpg

Are there special points to consider when setting date with the new asian 7750 movement, beside the rule not to set the date between 7pm to 2am?

Best wiches.

Congrats on the watch, one of the coolest TAG designs.

Abide by that rule and you won't have problems. I managed to break the double corrector (a gear that sets day and date) of my carrera day-date the very day I received it because I didn't realize it was midnight, and not noon!! And that's because I thought I was no longer a noob...

Please, tell me if your watch has the following issues:

1) misaligned minute marker figures (no two numbers were aligned in previous - older - versions of this watch)

2) off centered imprinted text on the chrono hours subdial. You can see what I am talking about on the pictures below. See how the 9 is much closer to the border than the 3?

Cap2.jpg

Cap1.jpg

Edited by AstroAvia

Congrats on the watch, one of the coolest TAG designs.

Abide by that rule and you won't have problems. I managed to break the double corrector (a gear that sets day and date) of my carrera day-date the very day I received it because I didn't realize it was midnight, and not noon!! And that's because I thought I was no longer a noob...

Please, tell me if your watch has the following issues:

1) misaligned minute marker figures (no two numbers were aligned in previous - older - versions of this watch)

2) off centered imprinted text on the chrono hours subdial. You can see what I am talking about on the pictures below. See how the 9 is much closer to the border than the 3?

Cap2.jpg

Cap1.jpg

Hello Astro,

thanks for your comment.

1) I did'n exactly get what you mean. If you mean the main minute figures on the face 60, 05, 10... - no, there are no obviously misaligned minute figures, they all seam to be in line.

2) The imprinted text on the chrono hours subdial is also good centered, no obviously different space to the silver ring of the subdial.

Hello,

thanks for comments so far. :D

I have done a comparison between the tag logo on the face with focus on the word "TAG".

pic one ist from this topic

pic two is from my watch.

-In comparison to pic one the G is mutch closer to gen. Please look especially on the beginning and the end of the G, at the first pic, they are nearly upon the other. On my pic much more overlap as on pic three, the original watch.

I think my tag logo is clooser to gen, isn't it?

1. tag1.jpg2.tag2t.jpg3.tag3t.jpg

Edited by testhm

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I ordered one of these from a well endorsed seller on this site. The watch arrived perfect but I have noticed that the stainless steel bracelet has become very worn out only within a few weeks of wearing it. I have a desk job so I am not beating it up. The finish appears quite scuffed. Is this normal to expect?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hey testhm, the rep looks really nice. Im also considering this and the 41mm.

Can you comment on the quality of the bracelet.

Also is it brushed on both sides?

Could you also tell me the dealer you got this beauty from. The pics I've seen on the sites of the trusted dealers all show the previous "G" on the TAG badge. Yours is much better IMHO.

Thanks

hey testhm, the rep looks really nice. Im also considering this and the 41mm.

Can you comment on the quality of the bracelet.

Also is it brushed on both sides?

Could you also tell me the dealer you got this beauty from. The pics I've seen on the sites of the trusted dealers all show the previous "G" on the TAG badge. Yours is much better IMHO.

Thanks

rm2000,

I personally would recommend the 43mm Version, the original size for the DayDate.

Bracelet quality if very good from my point of view. Wears perfectly comfortable after correct sizing.

Pins that hold the bracelet together are very stable.

Yes, bracelet is brushed on both sides. Watch is from PT.

• 2 months later...