When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Letting a legend go is hard....

Guest jsuperman17

Guest jsuperman17

heyy guys.. just wanted to vent and say that ive been getting genitis... i dont know why im liquidating my reps to get gens.. but im going to let go of modded sosf soon... serviced, lumed, goin AR, refinished bracelet... i dont know why im letting it go but im going after the gen.. i think it can be had for about 1300?? so yeah.. i still love reps dont get me wrong.. but im starting to get very picky with minor things that bother me... i really gotta let the small things go or else ill be spending a lot! lol here are the pics... you guys think i should let it go??

DSC_0467.jpg

DSC_0468.jpg

DSC_0470.jpg

And of course the LUME shot....

DSC_0483.jpg

Guest jsuperman17

Well my take is a gen is a gen I thought of getting a gen dial and gen bracelet but then that's about another 700 dollars so why not go gen? The dial color and bracelet feel is priceless...

The only difference between that and a gen are the lume dots. Otherwise, it's as good as a gen.

It's a great rep but that's simply a silly thing to say. The gen finish and dial & bracelet details are totally different class.

Thanks by-tor!! Someone agrees with me... So what's the reason you brought the gen?

Because the gen is superior in every aspect.

Not saying the rep isn't great, it certainly is. But when you see the "3D dial" of the gen, the game is over.

These RobbieG's photos made me do it. :D

The rep is "as good as" this? I don't think so.

Fish2.jpg

Fish3.jpg

Fish4.jpg

Guest jsuperman17

Wow that looks amazing that blue is one of a kind.. I have a gen tag heuer monaco and the blue isn't as crisp and unique... If you can pm how much u got yours for.. it help me guage what price range to look for :)

I know what you mean about getting picky with minor things... let it go, now that there are some things that bother you, they will bother you forever...

And a gen is always in a different league.

For me the reps are more a test drive - If I really love a watch, I will buy the gen eventually (if I can afford it that is... probably won't buy an AP ROO in the near future... :black_eye:).

Guest jsuperman17

Thanks by-tor... I was looking around the 1300-1400 but I guess its higher... And you're right whatever.. The nice thing about reps is that you can test drive them before u drop thousands... And the funny thing is the used gens are very affordable.. Really affordable.. However, the painful part is the gamble of finding a good seller..

The only difference between that and a gen are the lume dots. Otherwise, it's as good as a gen.

Have you ever held a gen? No contest! The rep does not come close to the gen relative to dial appearance, bracelet quality and over all finish. The rep is very nice, but the gen is just that much more.

SOSF is hands down one of the best bang for the buck watches you can buy when buying from the secondary market. The amazing thing is…you can actually get more for it on a trade in then what you paid granted it is in good shape.