When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Linde Werdelin "The One" Hard Black II

unregistered

I've always been fascinated by Linde Werdelin watches ever since the burst onto the watch scene just a few years ago. I've thought they looked very masculine, had a hint of the AP style in them, and something about the name was pretty nice. That plus their interesting ad campaigns plus the quick take up by collectors. I remember the first time I saw one was on RepGeek by another forum member whom I forget now, but whose 3 Timer stayed in my memory.

Well now I've managed to pick up a Hard Black II, which IMO is the nicest watch that LW produce right now. One of the amazing things is how comfortable the watch is despite its 46mm size. It wears as comfortable as a 40mm Rolex, it molds literally to the wrist, something that I've always gripped about on APs and Hublots, and just looks stunning to behold. If you ever get the chance, please go try one on, they are amazing on the wrist. I may get another rubber strap should I find the neon thread croc strap too loud, but we'll see. Enough talk, now to the pics;

IMG_5070.jpg

IMG_5072.jpg

IMG_5075.jpg

IMG_5078.jpg

IMG_5079.jpg

IMG_5080.jpg

IMG_5081.jpg

IMG_5082.jpg

IMG_5084.jpg

IMG_5085.jpg

This is the only area where I will dock points. I find the caseback significantly too plain and "blah" for a watch of this caliber. I'd have expected some form of design besides the LW logo.

IMG_5086.jpg

What else can I say, it looks stunning. The AR is really good giving the "no crystal" effect very often and since its a flat crystal it helps. The little details like grey faceted hands just adds to the overall feel of quality.

IMG_5087.jpg

The dial details are amazing to behold in matte and the minor trenches. The yellow lume just offsets the black stunningly well.

IMG_5089.jpg

Size comparison with the Sinn U1 and Panerai PAM009B

IMG_5091.jpg

Lume ain't half bad, but its no torch;

P1020334.gif

1sec exposure, 3min lapse.

For the price I got this, I can't complain much. I am very surprised that I made this impulse buy. Let's see how long it'll stay with me, but judging by first impressions, I think quite a while. Add to that, LW seems to be going from strength to strength and is making a name for themselves.

I agree with the OP, as soon as I saw these in an advertisement in Europe, I thought they were very unique. Their electronic snap on doovers for dive watches are fantastic :)

Edited by subbiesrock