When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Avenger from TimesShop.net

CzechMate

I decided to post this, as this watch is growing on me a lot:

I have bought like 13 watches from TimesShop.net during last 4 months and they are quite nice people to deal with, always respond fast to emails and always try to resolve problems. Out of these 13 watches, 3 watches had problems (crooked logo, non-functioning chrono subdials, movement died after one month), all related to cheap reps in the 60USD range. One watch was shipped with Japan quartz instead of promised Swiss quartz. I have always received partial credit towards my future purchase, which was Ok with me. However, that dead movement is going to see watchsmith and I dont think that will be reimbursed by them.

Back to my todays review...

One of the expensive reps I bought was this Breitling Avenger Graphite dial.

imgp4729.jpg

As you can see, the lume dot at three is somehow smaller than others. Is this that famous half dot at three? I dont know... :-)

imgp4735s.jpg

The dial is beuatiful, crisp looking with nice details:

imgp4732.jpg

To my untrainded eye, the pearl looks OK, but I will leave it to more experienced members to judge:

imgp4734z.jpg

What you can see here is supposedly wrong font on bezel. Number one should looke differently according to by-tors guide:

imgp4733j.jpg

Stamping on the clasp is quite nice, but compared to the real thing, it is of course cheap looking. If you put these watches side by side, you can see the difference: real thing has the clasp nicely flat with perfect sharp stamping without any deformations, whereas rep has the clasp is slightly deformed by stamping and the stamping itself is not as sharp. However, you cannot notice that when it sits on someones wrist...

imgp4740.jpg

What is absolutley gorgeous is the caseback. Absolutely stunning! BTW, can you see that reflection of stamping on the clasp, that reflects on the caseback? beauty! :-)

imgp4741.jpg

See the details:

imgp4743.jpg

On the bezel, there is Breitling logo, which is supposed to be stamped. On this rep, it is etched, which is wrong, but you can only see it by close inspection:

imgp4746f.jpg

Also, another big difference is the bezel play: It is very hard to turn the bezel on real thing. On the contrary, turning the rep bezel is easy. Once you take it off your wrist and lend it to someone who knows the real thing, he will notice this easily. It is a huge difference.

I dont have to mention the lume dots. They are more or less screwed on these replicas and they are not flat as they are supposed to be.

The lume is usual rep lume, nothing to write a letter to your mommy... :-)

So far, the watch runs great. I forgot to take picture of the movement, but you all know what the asian 7750 looks like... :-)

Thanks for reading!

I know Times Shop is a trusted dealer on a different Forum, and are a factory wholesaler for NoobFactory.

I'm glad you like your watches, and if you feel strongly about this dealer, there is a review area here on this forum called "OTHER DEALERS" or something close to that. You can cut and paste this review to that area, since it's meant for that purpose.

Timeshops is a pretty good dealer,I have used them once In the past. That Avenger may not be perfect but I still think It's a very nice rep. The flaws can only be seen under the very closest of scrutiny,out In the real world these Issues are not noticeable,enjoy your new rep. :)

Great looking watch. Congratulations :)

By the way, the model of your watch is the SKYLAND Avenger to be specific. :) Definitely in the Avenger line, but there are several different avengers out there :)

Looks like a V1.. correct?

Thanks for clarification regarding Breitling line-up. So the line is Avenger and.model is Skyland? I thought it os the other way round... :-)

I am not sure which version this is. Might be V3? The dot at three is not half dot according to other reviews I've seen...

Thanks for clarification regarding Breitling line-up. So the line is Avenger and.model is Skyland? I thought it os the other way round... :-)

I am not sure which version this is. Might be V3? The dot at three is not half dot according to other reviews I've seen...

Correct. The complete title of your watch in correct order is:

Breitling Avenger Skyland with Gray Dial.

The only other "model" that is produced under the Skyland sub-model is the Breitling Avenger Skyland Blacksteel.

You'll hear many people refer to it as a Skyland Avenger on the forum though.. even though.. technically the avenger line should come first :)