When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

US rep Watchsmiths

stix518

Been a long while since I've been on here so I'm feeling quite noobish!!

Have purchase several reps from Andrew and have been very pleased with his products. Am currently having difficulty with a circa '04-'05 Sub in that the crown will not screw back into the tube. Watch runs fine and I would like to have it repaired - if it is worth it... is it?

If it makes sense to repair, is there anybody located in CONUS that is interested in and can affect this repair and perhaps do a few minor mods in the process? I am located in the Northeastern US but will ship via USPS anywhere in the US to have this daily wrist rider fixed if it makes sense.

Thank you!

Stix

Been a long while since I've been on here so I'm feeling quite noobish!!

Have purchase several reps from Andrew and have been very pleased with his products. Am currently having difficulty with a circa '04-'05 Sub in that the crown will not screw back into the tube. Watch runs fine and I would like to have it repaired - if it is worth it... is it?

If it makes sense to repair, is there anybody located in CONUS that is interested in and can affect this repair and perhaps do a few minor mods in the process? I am located in the Northeastern US but will ship via USPS anywhere in the US to have this daily wrist rider fixed if it makes sense.

Thank you!

Stix

Contact Zigmeister, I'm sure there's a wait for his service, but eventually I'm sure he can fix it. You will probably need to buy a new crown and tube (easily found on ebay) for your watch, so that zig can fit them on to your case.

I'm sure there's other modders in North America.. but it seems like we have a lot more options in europe.. I know of at least 5 modders just here in Spain that can work on my watches. Just goes to show that watchmaking and repair of mechanical watches is a lost art in the U.S.

• 1 month later...