When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Tropic ?

Cats

Hi guys,

I don't have any experience with this source for a gen tropic 127.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rolex-Submariner-Date-1680-Tropic-127-Crystal-Plexi_W0QQitemZ310295459187QQcategoryZ10324QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7057555694366597300

Does any one of the experts out here have done some business with this guy.

Thanks in advance.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Hey Cats,

I have bought several Omega parts from that seller and have always been pleased. I bought a T19 crystal from him about a year ago and wasn't as pleased. The crystal didn't come in any sort of Rolex packaging and the crystal didn't fit my MBW case. I can't say that the crystal was aftermarket, but I can't say it was genuine either. I can say that I bought another crystal sealed and it fit perfectly. If I had to do it again, I would pass. Just my experience. Maybe someone can shed some light too.

Hi guys,

I don't have any experience with this source for a gen tropic 127.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rolex-Submariner-Date-1680-Tropic-127-Crystal-Plexi_W0QQitemZ310295459187QQcategoryZ10324QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7057555694366597300

Does any one of the experts out here have done some business with this guy.

Thanks in advance.

Carpe Diem

I will see if I can get you a 25-127......won't be a Top-Hat though :-(

Cats

Thanks for the offer Kurt i really appreciate it , but i don't need a crystal at the moment.

The situation is that i'm selling a gen 25-127 and the buyer tells me that he bought several

crystals from the source that i posted.

Strange that he sells nos crystal without any packaging etc. , and if i'm informed well you can hardly buy a gen tophat

anymore these days. ( gen tophats go for 300 plus on VRF )

Carpe Diem

Cats

Although he has been around quite awhile & has an excellent seller rating, whenever I see 'new', 'unused' or 'NOS' gen Rolex parts being sold unpackaged & generally below market pricing, I smell salmon. Perhaps unwittingly, but I fear this seller may be selling Asian-made aftermarket parts as gens. Buyer beware. :g: