When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just broke the clasp button on my NEW 42mm PO

rek001

Hi everyone, I received one of the new 42mm POs on bracelet from Joshua last week, and have been wearing it every day, really impressed with the fit and finish of this watch, just beautiful.

I just picked up something heavy, had to flex my wrist, and suddenly the bracelet felt very loose.

I opened the clasp and the tiny button that goes into the hole in the clasp leaf and clicks the clasp shut fell out in 2 tiny parts.

Quite the flimsy little part that keeps the heavy bracelet shut, I must say.

Can this be repaired by a watchsmith, or should I just contact Joshua for a new bracelet?

Right now I'm kind of bummed.

Thanks much.

Hi jkay, no I don't think so. I can slip my pinkie under the bracelet.

Update: Wore fixed watch less than 1 hour, pin broke off again, will try to re-epoxy one more time.

Now I am [censored] - it seems this is a continuing problem through all PO generations.

Popular watch right now, and a warning to potential buyers - you may have this problem if you buy the PO with bracelet.

I have also contacted Joshua about this.

And I want to wear this watch on bracelet, not rubber.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I thought Joshua was going to send me just a new clasp, but he sent me a whole new bracelet!

And THAT is why I buy from him.

Gonna mount this new bracelet tonight and go back to enjoying my new PO.

Just going to be a bit careful not to put any stress on the bracelet.

Here's a tip for you - as you are shutting the clasp, push the buttons on either side of the clasp in, then release when the clasp is fully closed.

This happened on my watch yesterday but I have bonded it with some Permatex Cold Weld glue and it seems to be solid. Time will tell and I might order a gen clasp as they are not to pricey I don't think.

$136+Shipping from ofrei and they dont say they are special order so you should get it pretty quick.

The clasps have always been terrible on the 42mm reps unfortunately...if I was gonna go franken that's definitely something I'd replace. Personally debating whether to franken my PO or just go gen instead. Some of the ADs offer pretty good prices on them.