When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

VJ 7734 where do i adjust the time?

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Guest zeleni kukuruz

I have a monte carlo 7032 with a vj 7734 new serviced from the middel of the 70's.

Well it runns a little fast so i would like to adjust the time.

I see where to do this when the caseback is of but it dosent have a screw to adjust the time. I see the + and - but where do i put the screwdriver, or should i just pull one of the "arms" up or down?

Im getting confused!

Can some one of the pro's maybe put up a pic and show me, i know its maybe a big thing to ask but it would realy help :)

Thanks for reading.

I have a monte carlo 7032 with a vj 7734 new serviced from the middel of the 70's.

Well it runns a little fast so i would like to adjust the time.

I see where to do this when the caseback is of but it dosent have a screw to adjust the time. I see the + and - but where do i put the screwdriver, or should i just pull one of the "arms" up or down?

Im getting confused!

Can some one of the pro's maybe put up a pic and show me, i know its maybe a big thing to ask but it would realy help :)

Thanks for reading.

Bump:)

I am really sorry to hear about this problem..the movement should have been serviced (twice!) in the last 3 months time..it may be a small problem but it shouldn't even be there since I paid top dollars for that movement alone!

could somebody help please Mr. ZK..

By the balance there are 2 posts. One holds the tail end of the balance spring(This adjusts the beat rate....Don't touch it), the other post shortens or lengthens the spring causing it to run faster or slower. If the watch is running fast, move this very gently toward the other post. If the watch is running slow, move this post gently away from the other post.

Use very gentle nudges and check time. Unless you have a timing machine, it is pretty much a shot in the dark. Beware: You can do serious damage and even break the balance staff if you are not very careful.

Good luck :-)

Bump :(

Bump means Im sending your post back to the top so It dosent go off the main page,that way more members well see It. We have some very knowledgable people here,someone(justasgood for example) at some point will know the answer. If you dont feel comfortable regulating your watch then try to find a watch shop that will work on reps,good luck. :victory: Mike

Guest zeleni kukuruz

By the balance there are 2 posts. One holds the tail end of the balance spring(This adjusts the beat rate....Don't touch it), the other post shortens or lengthens the spring causing it to run faster or slower. If the watch is running fast, move this very gently toward the other post. If the watch is running slow, move this post gently away from the other post.

Use very gentle nudges and check time. Unless you have a timing machine, it is pretty much a shot in the dark. Beware: You can do serious damage and even break the balance staff if you are not very careful.

Good luck :-)

Thanks J, but i think i will have to give it to a watchsmith.

Without a pic, witch one to move i wouldent dare to do this on my own!