When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Guess What I found inside my new Breitling Serie Especiale?

Monito1975

bwhitesox used and older version (V2 I believe) of the fighters to create his franken. It had a flush datewheel to begin with, so after shaving the dial it fit perfectly with the gen movement. The V3 version that you have has a shallower sliderule ring. Because of that the dial sits higher in the case (closer to the glass). But, the movement still sits low in the case as to allow for pusher and crown/tube alignment. That results in the gap between the dial and the datewheel. To do this mod you are best to find a V1 Fighters. The dial will fit without modification and the sliderule will align with the dial properly. The hands however would need to be broached as the V1 has a 21K 7750 with slightly smaller hand sizes.

Ok mate I think I have to beguin to hunt for one of those, :pardon:

Thanks

• 2 months later...

PS: Just pulled the dial off of my Serie Speciale, and I can confirm that the datewheel is sunken because there is an extra plate between the dial and the movement (even though it's not used for anything in this watch). I will post a pic later.

The plate, oddly enough, has a GMT complication on it (putting a 24 hr hand into the 12 o clock subdial) that's not attached to anything.