When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

my improv - PAM55 with a Pre-A T-Swiss-T dial

hackR

I decided to follow in Ubi's footsteps and replicate - kinda/sorta - the one and only PAM55 C with Pre-A T-Swiss-T dial...

Here's Ubi's build: Ubi's PAM055 post

Ok, ok - the disclaimer --> i was going for looks and not replimaniacal accuracy...so please keep that in mind...

I used the new PAM177 case-set (yeah, yeah - i know its "technically wrong" - but best bang for the buck donor case set), a v2 FGD dial (that has a gray/dark chocolate tone to it) and FGD hands...i need to add a H3 cp set and find a C series closed ti caseback...

but for now, i thought i'd share some quick Droid pix...when i get a chance, i'll shoot some better ones...

enjoy - R

imag0360h.jpg

imag0361.jpg

imag0363.jpg

Very nice Rob...wear it well mate :)

Great combi with that dial and Ti :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Remember though a H3 aint necessary on a PreA look same as PreV :)

Though if you like the high CP then do it mate :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hope you are well mate :drinks:

Remember though a H3 aint necessary on a PreA look same as PreV :)

Pete, please clarify. I thought as a rule all Pre-Vs/As had H3s? :g:

If not, then this is welcome news. I have some builds that have H2's, and I loathe to re-open watches and mess around with dials unless there is a really compelling reason.

I have some builds that have H2's, and I loathe to re-open watches and mess around with dials unless there is a really compelling reason.

If they're H2 than they would be historically correct for pre-V/pre-A builds. No need to change, unless they're H1.

That said, if you happen to have H1 in combination with thinner DSN sausage dials, then you should be fine as well.

If they're H2 than they would be historically correct for pre-V/pre-A builds. No need to change, unless they're H1.

That said, if you happen to have H1 in combination with thinner DSN sausage dials, then you should be fine as well.

I think its worth mentioning again with D's comments that generally, given we are working with rep dials etc, is not to get too hang up on the CP itself but relate its height more to the dial thickness and or base plate...eg if you are only using a top plate then remember whatever CP you use will vary upon completion to gen or if you are using a thin base plate again the same....etc etc

In a perfect world the smaller CP is correct on all PreA and PreVs but in the rep world remember the variations that could influence the finished height ...

Hope that makes sense :)

So I suppose it is all relative. :lol:

Like that song ;) .....

But its all relative

even if you don't understand.

Well its all understood,

especially when you don't understand.

And its all just because,

even if we don't understand,

then let's all just believe.

:Jumpy:

you guys sure have the details...thanks for the learnings...

i have to tell ya - the look of this piece is terrific...the fgd dial/hands in this case really makes for a watch that looks gen-like to me...i put a dark brown panatime gen croc strap on it and couldn't be more pleased...

love these fgd dials...and these 177 case sets!...

R