When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETA 2846

preacher62

I used a 2824-2 in a 1601 case when I built my 1016 rep/franken- but it had a flat dial, not a pie pan dial. It might be that a 2836-2 would fit with the pie pan dial. Once again, stilty is the go to guy for this kind of stuff. I used one of his rings in my watch.

P1010143.jpg

I used a 2824-2 in a 1601 case when I built my 1016 rep/franken- but it had a flat dial, not a pie pan dial. It might be that a 2836-2 would fit with the pie pan dial. Once again, stilty is the go to guy for this kind of stuff. I used one of his rings in my watch.

P1010143.jpg

I'll need to experiment a little. It is the pie pan dial that came in the watch. I have the 1570...all serviced, but the hairspring is not straight, and I'm just not good with those. The coils are concentric, but it is leaning and touching the wheel. A new balance complete is about $400+, if I could arrange a purchase.

I just love your 1016. It is my next project.

Edited by preacher62

Is it true that the 2836 has a taller cannon pin than the 2824 and hence a better movement to use when a date is involved? I've had a 2824 movement in a rep 6694 (date), and a 2824 in a rep 1016 too.

I know that the 2836 is about .5mm thicker than the 2824, but not sure about the cannon pin heights.

Edited by If you see Kay

I think they both come standard with an H4 set. The H5 works well with DJs that have tall hour markers. I buy those from Egypt on the Bay. Just do a search for "ETA 2824-2 wheels". You can enter a note in the order that you need H5 and that is what you get. ETA branded, as well. Sometimes he does not show the canon pinion but he has them. Deliver is about 2 weeks but he is solid and communicates very quickly.