When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Valjoux 72 6263 Daytona in!

Guest Sql_pl

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple : A7750 in case of failure (even if it's a strong movement) will be difficult to repair because of a lack of replacement pieces.

Gen ETA 7750 will be easier to repair, there is a lot of replacement parts around the web.

And there is the "swiss" magical feeling, too :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Except for this two (one ? :whistling:) points, the A7750 after a correct servicing will be very strong & fine... like the gen ETA !

I hope that's the question you asked... after seeing your posts number, I have a big doubt :black_eye:

:bleh: Well kind of what I already knew I have several watches serviced by The Zigmeister with A7750 and no problems there; my question was more in the sense of dial spacing and what dial will fit and things like that the ability to fit gen parts. side by side the two should be no difference I will think except for the dial spacing..

Guest Sql_pl

Subdials are spaced incorrectly on 7750 6263s, gen dial will not fit that movement. Difference is not huge but after a while it can really start to bug you, especially after seeing tons of pics of gens with correct spacing. Thats what made me upgrade from swiss 7750 powered one to the valjoux 72 pictured above.

My doubt was founded :whistling:

I agree with SQL, the incorrect spacing of the 7750 dial is really annoying, and only the v72/72X have this particular spacing :)

Plus the fact that the 7750 dials for the 62XX are not so good, in my opinion. It's quite difficult to find a good 62XX rep dial with the 7750 spacing.

So the v72 is the holy grail of the 62XX Daytona's :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Damn, now I want one :rolleyes:

I am curious to know the answer too :)

I would say something like $1000-$1500, depending of the condition...

Plus the price of the bridges if you want to "transform" it to a "Rolex" valjoux :rolleyes:

Complete project like the 6263 here would cost ~$2500 I think.

SQL, correct me if I'm wrong :)

I was actually pleasantly surprised with Microstella presence, I think a small number of plain V72s have this.

I believe only Rolex movements have Microstella balance wheels

stella20011.jpg

You may be confusing truing screws, which are used on many balance wheels to true or balance/align the wheel, for Microstella screws. A Microstella balance does not have a regulator (the lever/pin atop the balance cock) to regulate the movement. In place of the regulator, the microstella balance has a set of star-shaped (Microstella) screws that can be adjusted -- in or out -- to advance/retard the balance's speed. Here are 2 types of Microstella wrenches used to adjust the Microstella screws (the top wrench is a bit more accurate, while the bottom wrench is easier to use)

stella20021.jpg

stella20041.jpg

By adjusting a pair of Microstella screws by small increments, you can fine-tune a Rolex movement by a second or so, which is a fairly difficult thing to do with a standard regulator. Of course, the trade-off is that a regulator is alot easier to use than tweaking tiny Microstella screws. But if accuracy is the goal (as it is with Rolex), then the extra effort required to properly tune a Microstella pays off in potentially better regulation.

Thanks to you guys I am now on the path of a V72 6239...

Whom can I send the bill ?

One thing which bugs me is that most affordable case sets come with the "300 units" bezel, which in reality was only produced in very limited numbers with the first generation Daytonas. Is there any good "200 units" bezel which would fit a DW V72 6239 case ?