When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Ingy questions

vladswe

Hey all,

I have a couple of questions about the current crop of Ingys available from the dealers (Josh, Trusty etc).

1. What's the quality of the titanium in the case of the AMG Ti watches?

2. What should I expect when it comes to bracelet length? (SS/Titanium). Currently wearing an Omega UPO 45.5 which fit me "out of the box" without resizing, so pretty large wrists.

3. Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Vladswe, sorry for hopping on your thread but am in a similar position and it makes sense to post here rather than starting a new thread... and my questions may help you with your decision as well :)

Am also about to enter the IWC world and am torn between regular Ingy (42mm) Chrono, AMG chrono and the 7day...

Trawling the thread and researching IWC I have found out so far that...

The current gen ingy's are bigger 45mm - old ones are 42.5mm. New gen chrono is also 45mm 7 day power reserve seems to come in two sizes 42.5 and 45? There is also mission earth ingy at 45mm

Rep ingy needs AR

Rep ingy has a date wheel 'issue' that can be solved with a lello (hard to get) but some members are working on overlays and or date wheels that may be available soon

Rep chrono is same size as rep ingy 42.5mm but has no date wheel and thus no 'issue' - however dial is not "as good" as regular rep ingy

I'm sure iv'e missed something... but my questions are this...

1) 42mm rep or 45mm rep? And why is the mission earth rep so cheap? $98 - $138 roughly - assume movement, but is it just not a great rep?

2) What is the "dial issue" with the chrono (as this seems best bet to me as no need for Date wheel fix)

3) If I can get a AMG ti rep (full ti) is it a decent rep - sure looks like it to me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks all

Have great weekends!!!!!

A