When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Expert's View Needed on a Watch - QC PICS

cdaeng2

Looks like mine. It is a great piece, sporty and classy. Pick up a rubber strap down the road to swap back and forth.

Just a note, there is a clear protector over the entire bezel and crystal, and an additional thin clear protector on just the bezel, make sure to remove both. I thought the bezel was pitted until I realized there was another protector... duh : ) fyi

My two cents:

-Tach is definitely misaligned (a little bit but it is)

-No idea on the discoloration of the metal but even if it is, who is going to see it?

-The screws should not be blue...

This is an "authentic" TAG Carrera auction on ebay (not mine) and you can see from the pictures of the movement, no blue...

http://cgi.ebay.com/TAG-Heuer-Carrera-Legend-CV2014-Auto-Chronograph-Watch-/200586438716?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item2eb3e2283c#ht_2027wt_905

Regardless, looks like a really nice watch! If you're going to scrutinize over a tiny misalignment in the tach bezel and a couple blue screws where no one can see, maybe a gen is a better road to travel?

Thank you Guys, Just received the watch last night. I got different unit due to bezel misalignment. Love the watch but having problem(s).... not sure if this is how these are made but here i go....

1. luminescence... only getting it from hour/minute needles, not from the hour(s)

2. date dial starts to move around 11pm and by 11:55pm it is the next day

and how do i polish the metal links? one of the endlik has bad scratches... here are some pics... sorry about the quality of the pics these were taken with my phone.

let me know what you guys think.

thanks

post-16060-0-91896800-1301410650.jpg

post-16060-0-86691400-1301410696.jpg

post-16060-0-56698300-1301410812.jpg

get some cape cod cloths off ebay, but dont worry after about a month of normal desk wear you will get several more to match : ) Look for a gen rubber strap, that really sets this watch off, or just see if you can order the rep rubber on a next purchase if you dont want to fork over the bux for the gen. Cool watch none-the-less, I wear mine all the time. Did your second attempt come with blue screws as well? It looks like an easy fix, either buy replacements or soak them in a paint remover then reinstall. Looks great

Only SOME watch movements snap the date over. Others change over the course of an hour. Your watch is perfectly normal for the movement it uses.

That is why it is vitally important that you never change the date between 9pm and 3am .. you will break your watch.<br><br>Don't use Cape Cod polishing cloth on brushes areas. The brushed finish will polish away! <br><br>Use Scotch-Brite pads to resurface brushed areas, and Cape Cod on polished areas.<br>

Edited by Jkay

Thanks Guys,

the watch had few other flaws so unfortunately it is going back to Joshua, for a refund.

Watch was beautiful. But had minor defect other than what I described above.

And why is it not safe to change date between 9pm-3am???? it is on reps only or gen also?

Now Im not too sure if I am getting same watch or shop for different kind.... Only thing that

bothered me was the blue screws... hehe

thanks guys