When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

COMEX Rolex divers

watchguy51

I'm interested in getting a COMEX branded Rolex but had a couple questions. First of all, I have no idea whos is best to get, or whether I should get a SD one or a sub. But I was also wondering about the bezel inserts on these. I also see a lot of photos of these that make them look a blue-grey colour, sort of like a Tudor Snowflake (I love this), but I realize it is probably just people vintage-izing the insert. Which is it, and does it come like that, or is it people's own mods? Decisions decisions.

Thanks!!!

Edited by watchguy51

Some vintage pieces have their insert go slate grey from sun exposure, and others don't fade. I have a gen insert from 1971 that spent tons of time in the sun and it's completely unfaded.

Is anyone selling ones with a pre-faded bezel? Also, who's selling the better COMEXes?

I believe that the only way to find one with and aged,faded bezel insert is to either get one (watch) that's already been aged from a member on the watch sales forum, or buy a new one and replace the shiny balck insert with a genuine faded insert. There are always inserts for sale on the Vintage Rolex Market. I never saw a new rep come witha faded insert.

Is anyone selling ones with a pre-faded bezel? Also, who's selling the better COMEXes?

I believe that the only way to find one with and aged,faded bezel insert is to either get one (watch) that's already been aged from a member on the watch sales forum, or buy a new one and replace the shiny balck insert with a genuine faded insert. There are always inserts for sale on the Vintage Rolex Market. I never saw a new rep come witha faded insert.