When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Very low power reserve

whoever

hi,

i've got an PO which works fine, but has an very low power reserve. I opened and cleaned the movement a bit, a 21jewels, there was some cuts in the plastic shell of the movement witch withholds the movement, so just plastic that i removed a bit, so now it's clean around the whole thing. But still, the reserve is only a few hours, something about 5-6hours...

any help? Easy fix? I'm not an expert....so please keep the words simple... :whistling:

thanks for looking

DG2813 or DG4813

£18 plus tax plus postage

so what is better? the 48 or the 28??

Actually, i have another question.

If i purchase the movement, is anyone able to help me for a replacement? I tried to contact Domenico, he doesn't respond. I'd be happy to pay a little sth, no problem, but i don't feel able to do it myself....

if so, i'd be very thankfull, since this was a gift to somebody else, and i'm quite ashamed that the thing doesn't work right.... :mellow:

let me know.... :help:

48 is high beat appropriate for modern watches. 28 is low beat appropriate for vintage watches.

Of topic, but you know what would be awesome for reps?

Precisionist movements from Bu-Citizen! we'd have the smooth sweeping hand, great accuracy, less maintenance problems and good prices.

.......that would be sweet......

48 is high beat appropriate for modern watches. 28 is low beat appropriate for vintage watches.

Off topic, but you know what would be awesome for reps?

Precisionist movements from Bu-Citizen! we'd have the smooth sweeping hand, great accuracy, less maintenance problems and good prices.

.......that would be sweet......

The DG 4813 and DG 2813 are copies of the famous Citizen 21j movements, since you mention this.

The real Citizen movement does not hack, tho ... funny that the Chinese would clone it, and slightly improve it by adding a hacking function.

If you wanted to, you could directly replace an A21j 4813 or 2813 with a real japanese movement, but you'd lose the hack function ... oh ... and the Citizen movement is *only* low beat. No 28.8k BPH

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I kind of have the same problem.

I just received a 180 USD watch from a trusted dealer here, declared as a Swiss ETA 2824-2. Power Reserve, whether I wear it a day or wind it up, is ca. 8 hours. The watch is well regulated, gains 5 seconds in 12 hours.

What would be a reasonable expectation when contacting the dealer? Or is this something a service can fix RELIABLY and that I shouldn't bother to tell my dealer?

thanks a lot

I just received a 180 USD watch from a trusted dealer here, declared as a Swiss ETA 2824-2. Power Reserve, whether I wear it a day or wind it up, is ca. 8 hours. The watch is well regulated, gains 5 seconds in 12 hours.

What would be a reasonable expectation when contacting the dealer? Or is this something a service can fix RELIABLY and that I shouldn't bother to tell my dealer?

The movements in replica watches are not clean. Even tho your movement is Swiss, it is OLD ... sitting in a package for a long time. It has no oil and maybe is dirty. Service it for about $80 and it will be perfect for 5 or 6 years.

I see you have been here 5 years, so I will not ask you if you wound the stem 30 turns (full wind) before checking the power reserve.