When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Recenty Received Beauties

omgiv

I just received these two beauties back from The Zigmeister last week, and am just now getting around to take some pictures. The first is my DW 6263 that was started ages ago. After a bad dial and not being able to get the movement going, I decided to send it to The Zigmeister. He serviced it for me and got it running like a top. He also installed the dial and hands for me. This one has a Valjoux 72, genuine Tropic 21 crystal, Casker tube, genuine 703 crown, and Ofrei pushers. The end links are modified genuine 571's and I am expecting a genuine 78350 bracelet this week. I have to say that I am loving this watch. I was afraid that it might be too small, but it is almost perfect. Now I want to start a 6239 :)

The GMT is one of BK's transformers. The dial and hands on it did not match when I bought it, so I sent them to The Zigmeister to have them lumed. I have installed a genuine crown and tube and the black insert is also genuine. I am still not sure I am sold on this one. I thought I would love it, but that feeling just isn't there. I have a genuine Pepsi insert on the way, so I am hoping that it will help the love. I do like the Pepsi combination best of the three. The clasp on it is also hideous. If I decide to keep it, I may try to find a genuine clasp. I might also look for another transformer bezel and add the Coke option as well. Anyway, sorry for the boring read. Now onto the bad pics. Thanks for looking!!!!

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0014-1.jpg

Thanks guys! The part that screws into the case was loose on one of my pushers, so I decided to replace them. I also seem to remember that DW's pushers use c-clips to hold the pusher onto the case, where as the Ofrei pusher screw in. But the Ofrei pushers do have the be trimmed to length.