When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ap Spotted In Tahoe This Weekend!

Chicken Manny

I was up in Lake Tahoe for the weekend. It was a great weekend and near perfect weather for sitting on the dock and enjoying the sun. Anyway, stopped into a little mexican store to pick up some carne asada fixens' for dinner that night. The place has a very small taqueria attached to it so I decided to get a bite to eat. I go up and order and then stand in this tiny area waiting for the food to be prepared. While I'm doing that some guy comes in and goes straight to the salsa station next to me and starts filling up those little plastic containers with salsa. I thought it was a little odd because he hadn't ordered anything but figured he was just going to do that first and then order. After a minute or two my food was ready and I, wanting some salsa too, stand behind this guy, who now has over ten containers filled, and is still going. After waiting for a little while I asked him if I could jump in for a second and he moved over a little bit without saying anything. <_< Overall he was just odd. Well when I looked over to check on his salsa production line what else did I see? A white gold AP Equation of Time! :blink: Beautiful Watch! Somewhere in the 75k+ range I think. I didn't say anything because at that point I really wanted to beat him about the head with a salsa spoon but I did enjoy the watch. As I sat at a table outside I watched him walk out with his free salsa collection and nothing else, get into a Porsche 4S Convertible and leave. :g:

129677-19591.jpg

The place is a very small authentic mexican market that is mostly filled with day laborers and a very few 'gringos' that appreciate good mexican food. Almost nobody there speaks english (and my spanish isn't the greatest). This guy was a white guy in his 30's wearing a fleece vest and overdone running shoes. He looked much more like a 'dot com' guy than the owners son. I'm sure I stand out there too but he really looked out of place. Maybe he goes there every day and is their best customer, who knows?

Damn nice watch though. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It's funny, I eat mexican food all the time here in Venezuela and while I was in line to get a huuuuuge burrito I was wearing my AP Royal Oak (the day I just got it from Trusty), and the people there couldnt stop staring at it....which was new, because usually people stare at me as I'm a 6'2 blond blue eyed guy.

Moral of the story: um.....I like mexican food (and no Taco Bell is not authentic mexican....hehehe)