When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor 7032 Challenge

Justasgood

Who is going to step up and fabricate a BLACK date-wheel or overlay for the Monte Carlo owners with RED date-wheels?

C'mon guys, buyers stand at the ready. (at least I stand waiting) :whistling:

Also, has anyone else noticed that most all 7734 dates are shifted to the left of the window for most of the numbers? Perhaps it's just me :bangin:

I found a black on white date wheel online but the guy wanted $130. Yikes! :black_eye: I don't think so. I have been contemplating how to achieve this but so far I haven't been able to bridge the gap. One idea of course is the decal method. This one I will give more thought. Another idea is using the poljot 3133 to make an overlay. This needs further investigation. I know the datewheel itself is not interchangeable but I wonder if the diameters would allow the date overlay to be "transfered".

I found a black on white date wheel online but the guy wanted $130. Yikes! :black_eye: I don't think so. I have been contemplating how to achieve this but so far I haven't been able to bridge the gap. One idea of course is the decal method. This one I will give more thought. Another idea is using the poljot 3133 to make an overlay. This needs further investigation. I know the datewheel itself is not interchangeable but I wonder if the diameters would allow the date overlay to be "transfered".

Buyg the one on ebay (Red on White will cost $20.00 and would be a perfect base to experiment on with decals.

Guest Sql_pl

I was lucky to get one with black numbers but you are right about the misalignment, mine does that too. But i have seen some gens doing exact same thing as well. In my watch most days before 20th are a bit too much to the left.

I was lucky to get one with black numbers but you are right about the misalignment, mine does that too. But i have seen some gens doing exact same thing as well. In my watch most days before 20th are a bit too much to the left.

I have 1 of each and the black centers better than the red.

OK. I've decided to give it a go to see if I can create a black on white date wheel. First thing I need is a high res image of the date wheel. Preferably the black on white version. If no one can provide such an animal I will do what I can with the red one I have enroute. I tried to match fonts today with existing but couldn't find anything even remotely close. Also I noticed the 1 changes depending on what the date is. For example the 1 on the 1st has serifs where as the 1 in 10 has none. Then 11 has serifs again with 12 going back to none. With this inconsistency I don't think I can create the date wheel template using fonts inside CAD. Instead I will go the image route to see if I can make a decent pattern to print. I will post progress here, if I make any :p