When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are All Iwc Gst Titanium's Created Equally?

M5kirk

I've decide that my next purchase will be the GST Titanium. Most of our excellent dealers carry this watch... I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with this particular model and whether all of the dealers carry the same thing or if one is better than the others. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Kirk

Yes. It is a beautiful watch. The only thing I have noticed is a couple of the days (not dates) don't line up perfectly in the window but I think that is fairly common. It certainly shouldn't stop you from buying it though. Choose the dealer who you feel will give you the best service if there is a problem. I did notice that some of the dealers no longer have them in stock but several still do.

The IWC GSTs are now discontinued so act quickly if you want to get one. These are one of the most accurate and best quality reps. The bracelet is really top quality and better than many genuine watches. I have both a SS and Ti version and they are both 'keepers'.

The movement is unpredictable (asian 7750) some guys had good results, others like me not so much...but the looks are incredible! Mine died 5 days after receiving it and is being serviced. I'm seriously considering buying a real ETA Valjoux 7750 and ditch the asian crapola away.... :yucky:

The movement is unpredictable (asian 7750) some guys had good results, others like me not so much...but the looks are incredible! Mine died 5 days after receiving it and is being serviced. I'm seriously considering buying a real ETA Valjoux 7750 and ditch the asian crapola away.... :yucky:

So is the bracelet on the GST as good as the new IWC Ingenieur that EL was selling?

I almost pulled the trigger on this one but read about the problems members were having with the wobbly crown and loose top pusher.

Nice walkthrough Pug!

As a matter of fact, I have been following your old articles from when you were deciding, buying, repairing, found a gen dial, re-repair, until one where you are ENJOYING this awesome watch :)

Largely thanks to your influence, I can't wait NEmore, so I decided to purchase one from one of our awesome dealers here... of course this will be going to The Zigmeister too for a-fixin'

I originally love the simplicity and ruggedness of the New Ti Aquatimer 2000 series.. and am still tempted to get the gen--but the GST is just too bootiful. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Who knows maybe in the future I will get a gen dial for the GST too! :D

If you want an IWC GST, get it from a dealer with good after-sales service. In fact this goes with all Asian 7750 watches.

It's a stunning watch with the best rep bracelet out there.

Check this out: http://pugwash.cat5.org/articles/gst/

I am also on the fence in getting the GST.

My dilema is who to buy it from, respected dealer like trusty time, 299+25shipping

or mixed reviews wo-mart(paul), for 200 free shipping.

$125 is alot of money to me :black_eye:

Remember this mantra- 'Choose your dealer first, then the product'... :whistling:

Anyway, they should be from the same factory... :p

I owned the genuine GST Ti. It stopped on me one morning (woke up and saw it's telling the wrong time). I wore it all the time and thought that wasn't acceptable. I sold it in a big hurry. It's probably too impulsive on my part. It's a beautiful watch. Either I was unlucky to get a one in a thousand defective IWC or sometimes a perfectly good movement can act up. I kind of regret selling it because IWC doesn't make it anymore. I could have had it checked or serviced. I think the GST Ti is the best looking chrono, beating even the Daytona. I'm glad somebody else is still making that watch :-)

Edited by bklm1234

I originally love the simplicity and ruggedness of the New Ti Aquatimer 2000 series.. and am still tempted to get the gen--but the GST is just too bootiful. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I've been walking the markets of Bangkok looking for a decent Aquatimer rep, even an Asian 21j one, but they're all really crappy so far. I may get lucky, but I really doubt it. :D

The gen apparently also has a wobbly crown. Perhaps the poster above who owned the gen can confirm if this happened in his one?

I managed to get a genuine dial but it will be a while before it goes on. Need to get money!!! And probably an ETA 7750. This watch is good enough to keep a looooooong time. Only problem I find is that the bracelet can pull hair on the arm when taking it off.

The crown on the gen wasn't wobbly at all. In fact the overall finish and quality on the watch is better than that of my gen Explorer II, very smooth case and links, the crystal (I remember that's a light blue tint when looking at it at an angle so likely to be AR coated).

Edited by bklm1234

So the IWC should have an AR coat as well?

I seem to remember thomasng saying that the gen had a wobbly crown stem, maybe it was hit and miss which one you got? He seems to handle every watch that comes out :Jumpy: