When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep 2 tone oysters bracelets any good

jomama

I am seriously considering buying Joshes Datejust II 2 tone with white face and stick markers but am concerned that the "triple wrapped .5mill gold" is not up to snuff. How good do these rep bracelets look compared to gen? I imagine they all come out of same factory in the rep world but curious about look, feel, and weight. Any insights would be appreciated. Also concerned as this watch has no white face on the 2 tone. Anyone have a good watch recommendation for this bracelet in the rep world with light face that is not a sub? Thanks!

Speaking on the bracelet. I have a 16613 old style noob with 14k wrapped oyster bracelet. I held it side by side with a gen just two days ago. The only minor tell in difference is on the SEL. If you look very very closely you can see that it's wrapped instead of solid. The midlinks on both were hollow and apart from a very very slight colour difference between the golds they are identical. Weight is pretty light on both but that's to be expected and it's the older style clasp that always seems to feel a bit cheap. Other than that they are pretty damn decent. I would definately go wrapped rather than plated if I'm honest.

Speaking on the bracelet. I have a 16613 old style noob with 14k wrapped oyster bracelet. I held it side by side with a gen just two days ago. The only minor tell in difference is on the SEL. If you look very very closely you can see that it's wrapped instead of solid.

Not necessarily.

LINK.

The best rep TT bracelets compare "ok" against the gen, because the gen Oyster TT bracelet doesn't feel very substantial, either.

But you have to treat the rep bracelet accordingly (see my article). Otherwise it feels very low quality.

There arnt very many truely "wrapped" rep bracelets out there, and if there are they only come on WM9's and watches of that caliber... Buyer beware. If you are concerned about the gold wearing off, look on ebay and get a gold filled bracelet for a couple hundred bucks and swap on your replica clasp and end links.

There arnt very many truely "wrapped" rep bracelets out there, and if there are they only come on WM9's and watches of that caliber... Buyer beware. If you are concerned about the gold wearing off, look on ebay and get a gold filled bracelet for a couple hundred bucks and swap on your replica clasp and end links.

There are many truely wrapped bracelets and they don't only come with wm9.