When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM026K received this morning...

prdubis

How much would one expect to pay for a gen strap. Or does somebody know a maker that could make that exact same strap?

Have a look at our Strap sale section, or at Paneristi Accessories corner.

OEM straps are frequently for sale there, but beware as some sellers ask for much money than it should...

Brand new or mint condition preowned OEM straps would not go upper than $125 for a calf or buffalo leather.

Gator ones are more expensive let's say $150-200.

But I have a secret just for you, don't share it: Europelli sells very very nice sueded black buffalo straps, not as smooth as OEM ones but the grain is similar...I bought one in 26 mm as OEM doesn't exist in this size, and it was a really good surprise... :-)

They are not on the website so you will have to send an email to the shop owner...Don't know if there are some left! :victory:

Edited by PrDubis

Silly question but you wind towards on a destro right? Assume it's just a 6497 rotated 180 degrees.

I think that the movement placement still the same. It's the dial rotated 180. So when winding, it should be the normal clockwise rotation.

Wait a second, if the dial is rotated, and you look at the dial straight on, doesn't that mean that at that time the movement is rotated 180 degrees and shouldn't you do what DaveR says and wind towards?

VERY nice btw DaveR

Edited by loopy29

Wait a second, if the dial is rotated, and you look at the dial straight on, doesn't that mean that at that time the movement is rotated 180 degrees and shouldn't you do what DaveR says and wind towards?

VERY nice btw DaveR

I meant "should do" of course...

...and mine. Sorry the photos are a bit of a rush job. Watch looks lovely in the flesh. Strap even better - nice Kain Heritage.

You'll have to excuse fingerprints and dust on the glass.

Silly question but you wind towards on a destro right? Assume it's just a 6497 rotated 180 degrees?

Great combo, congrats mate!

Have you modded the crown or is it as it came?

How much would one expect to pay for a gen strap. Or does somebody know a maker that could make that exact same strap?

If you are in the UK, there is a guy called "SteveOstraps" who may be able to help you. Just send him an email with a photo attached of the strap you want, and see if he can rep it for you. His quality is great but his prices are the best you will find. He does all my straps. I hope I can leave his web page here? If not I'm sorry: www.steveostraps.com He does much more than what he shows in his slide show. He does Custom Orders and he is a Good and Honest Man.