When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any experiences with a cheap Nautilus replica?

calatrava

I was looking at the following Nautilus replica on TrustyTime:

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39_199&products_id=5915

it has a 28.8K bph DG 4813 movement, and I was wondering if anyone has purchased one? In particular, I'm interested to know how is the fit and finish of this watch, as compared to the more expensive models with Swiss ETA movements.

Be aware that the 2813 ans 4813 (a21j low and high beat) movements use a direct-drive seconds hand, and altho the high beat 4813 does indeed beat 28.8k, it stutters as it moves due to this specific design.

If you can live with that, it's up to you.

Be aware that the 2813 ans 4813 (a21j low and high beat) movements use a direct-drive seconds hand, and altho the high beat 4813 does indeed beat 28.8k, it stutters as it moves due to this specific design.

If you can live with that, it's up to you.

I assume you mean an indirect driven second hand... good to keep in mind, this did not occur to me.

I actually have this very model and in general I think it is pretty nice. The only real area that I think is of not so good quality is the machining around where the crystal seats. It is a little off in a few places. However, at arms length you really can't tell. Overall it is not going to fool anyone who knows about PP watches, but really, how many of those do you meet. It looks nice, wears really light and tells the time ;)

I will try to take a few actual photos tonight if I get time.

I actually have this very model and in general I think it is pretty nice. The only real area that I think is of not so good quality is the machining around where the crystal seats. It is a little off in a few places. However, at arms length you really can't tell. Overall it is not going to fool anyone who knows about PP watches, but really, how many of those do you meet. It looks nice, wears really light and tells the time ;)

I will try to take a few actual photos tonight if I get time.

Thanks for the insight, and photos would be very nice as well.