When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Maxi 16600 dial for SSD

usmctowgnr

I have a stock SSD V2 that I am looking to replace the dial on. I like the dial it has now but I am looking for a maxi one. All the replacment dials I find that are maxi are for 16660. I would love to change to a tritium 16660 but the xtal has the crown and what I have found out is that you cannot replace the xtal on these watches. I currently have a gen lumi insert, 703 crown, and bk dw overlay. I just thought I would check here about a maxi dial before I give up and stick with the one I have.

You can always "transplant" the markers from a maxi dial such as the Sub LV dial. That is what I did when I built my fantasy Maxi No-Date Dial.

NDMax fin 1.jpg

You pop out the little ones and glue on the big ones! The markers usually have a little stud/[censored] on the back which located into a corresponding hole in the dial. Secure by pressing the marker all the way in and a dod of epoxy on the back where it pokes through...

I can't believe t-i-t got censored!

I remember being amazed when I found out the markers were tiny seperate pieces that popped out.

There's a tutorial somewhere that shows them off the dial.

Jmb ...you must have incredible eyesight and steady hands!

:clapping:

Actually, no, eyes are gettin' old. If it wasn't for a Nikon Stereo Microscope I wouldn't be able to do much of anything more intricate than changing a band and would still be wearing a Seiko Quartz!