When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Customs issue.

gianton

I have an issue with my order been hold by Greek customs.

I ordered an LV Speedy 35 bag from Trevor which was sent via EMS to me and has been hold by Greek customs since 30/03/2011.

Could you please advise what to do as this is the first order that customs taking so long to release.

Looking for some feedback from other EU members if possible.

No not yet. Hope it's OK and they'll release it.

Greek customs? Mate, if they have an x-ray machine and can see what it is... Ooooof... Here's hoping you get it, hope it was sent registered.

Forgive the negativity, i've sent mail about 100kms north in that country you guys like to call FYROM, letters and parcels are opened indiscriminately, as if the mail were the postal employee's personal lucky dip.

Good luck, hope it arrives.

Greek customs? Mate, if they have an x-ray machine and can see what it is... Ooooof... Here's hoping you get it, hope it was sent registered.

Forgive the negativity, i've sent mail about 100kms north in that country you guys like to call FYROM, letters and parcels are opened indiscriminately, as if the mail were the postal employee's personal lucky dip.

Good luck, hope it arrives.

No comparison with FYROM PO. It used to be this way in Greece too but things have changed. Of course there is space for improvements but these are my experiences lately (as posted on another forum):

"

My cigars (3 boxes from Switzerland in Registered Airmail) made it in exactly one week. I will not put in writing how many times I have ordered with delivery in Greece and re-shipping to Germany but I am smoking cigars for almost 20 years now ;-)

Watch/other stuff packages (EMS) from China, no probs at all, quick and reliable.

Normal postal packages from anywhere are traceable and insured. Have sent packages from the US, Singapore and many from Germany. You can track them down to Post Office level until delivery and tracking is reliable. Sh*t happens of course. The recipient didn't get a notification last time but thanks to tracing, I could tell him in which PO to go get his package. I have also claimed and received the insurance through the German Post when something has gone wrong (lost package).

IMHO, Greece is an excellent "backdoor" to the EU right now but don't tell anybody, it is an insider's tip

"

No comparison with FYROM PO. It used to be this way in Greece too but things have changed. Of course there is space for improvements but these are my experiences lately (as posted on another forum):

"

My cigars (3 boxes from Switzerland in Registered Airmail) made it in exactly one week. I will not put in writing how many times I have ordered with delivery in Greece and re-shipping to Germany but I am smoking cigars for almost 20 years now ;-)

Watch/other stuff packages (EMS) from China, no probs at all, quick and reliable.

Normal postal packages from anywhere are traceable and insured. Have sent packages from the US, Singapore and many from Germany. You can track them down to Post Office level until delivery and tracking is reliable. Sh*t happens of course. The recipient didn't get a notification last time but thanks to tracing, I could tell him in which PO to go get his package. I have also claimed and received the insurance through the German Post when something has gone wrong (lost package).

IMHO, Greece is an excellent "backdoor" to the EU right now but don't tell anybody, it is an insider's tip

"

Good to know mate :) good luck with the package, hope it gets to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any bad/good experience with deliveries to Cyprus from China?

Try to use triangle shipment from UK. A little bit slow though but it's more safe.

For shipments direct from China to Cyprus, I usually avoid Registered Airmail because 2 times they asked me for purchase invoice.