When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

26k, changed my mind....

chad

I was sweating the dial fonts and they are still wrong but i got mine today and it's just worlds above the DSN/older cartel offerings.

Real great piece!

The AR which many have described as perfect on the 005 and now this watch is not perfect in my eyes. It is almost colorless and for all purposes not effective compared to the gen. My gens are blue or purple(subtle) and block a single set of reflections almost totally. This like a no ar crystal casts two reflections and one of them is slightly tinted but hardly reduced like my gen. The crystal however is cut at the correct angle and offers gen like distortion and viewing angles but has a hazy grey cast to it when hit with reflections.

This is in direct comparison with two gens here.

I love it! (here with my oem JV well worn)

post-626-0-08896900-1302128445.jpg

Most "watch dudes" could not spot a fake 26k if there life depended on it.

I can only speak from my personal experience and i am not concerned with what others think because I know 90 percent of out reps fool 99.9 percent of people out there but I buy watches for my own enjoyment and I like the little details.

Don't get me wrong my review was meant to be positive, very positive.

Do I notice the cutouts are too shallow? Yes

Do I notice the AR being not gen spec? Yes (i even notice this from across the room on a coworker wrist.)

Do I notice the crown being to close to the case? Actually i do not but I respect the fact that it could bother people.

Would 99.9 percent think this is a gen? For sure!

Sorry for the bad photos my SLR is not charged right now.

In the photo is the 26k and the gen 232. In both positions the watches had the same reflections so they are accurate. One refection around 9-12 and the other at 2-5 o clock. Identical when watches were swapped also.

1. If you look at the 232 it has a single reflection and the second reflection has been almost completely subdued and the areas outside of the refection are rich and show the dial well. No haze.

You can see the the gold hands are getting hit directly with a light source like the 26k at that point near 4 o'clock but the 232 has little to no reflections there.

On an interesting note the 232 actually has a similar color to the 26k rep. Yellow with a hint of purple. My 176g gen has blue purple.

2. The 26k shows one reflection and then another at almost the same intensity but just colored. The areas that are not hit with a light source directly are greyish and washed out. You can see this because the brown dial of the 232 looks more black than the black dial of the 26k. Does not have that gen feel where you get a single a refection and then richness and pop everywhere else.

You can see even in this not great photo. The gen just pops and the 26k does not.

That's just my take and this applies to my 005 as well.

Are this crystal and AR better than any other offerings such as older cartel and DSN? Hell yea! (notice the rehaut and distortion in the photo compared to gen. It is excellent.

Should you get this piece? Without a doubt.

P.S.

I find the DLC coating to be as good as the Jack coated gen 112G i owned a year ago. That is just my opinion though. I cannot speak for the gen 26k since I have only tried it on and not owned it.

post-626-0-74585200-1302180392.jpg

yes this watch dudes father in laws is the brand holder in Norway for many high end brands and I walked into the Panerai AD whit my watch yesterday no problem, they would have called me out in a sec if they had notice..

Just to ad I forgot it was on my wrist, was their to buy a new black strap for it :p their eyes was like 20cm from it, so cant be as bad as Chad says..They sell LOOOOOOOTS of Panerai and are at all their releases and such..Most Norwegian members can agree that Bjerke nows their stuff better then most watch stores in Europe, they put soul into learning each brand they get to sell.

yes this watch dudes father in laws is the brand holder in Norway for many high end brands and I walked into the Panerai AD whit my watch yesterday no problem, they would have called me out in a sec if they had notice..

Just to ad I forgot it was on my wrist, was their to buy a new black strap for it :p their eyes was like 20cm from it, so cant be as bad as Chad says..They sell LOOOOOOOTS of Panerai and are at all their releases and such..Most Norwegian members can agree that Bjerke nows their stuff better then most watch stores in Europe, they put soul into learning each brand they get to sell.

Oooof, you're a very baad boy Dani...

You are comparing a 232 to a 26k.. As you pointed out and not all pam's have the same type of AR.. So, a better comparison would be a gen 26 to the rep. But that is IMO. Like you say.. 99.9 of people will not notice even at close proximity. The 26k is not a commonly seen watch like for example a 111 so it is highly unlikely that you will get called out honestly.

Edited by ebzen02

ah rep in AD :p as said I total forgot it was on my wrist, If I had some time when entering I would drop it into my pants :lol:

No mate... I meant you were after a black strap !!.....;)

Dani,

I do not know about where you are but the panerai AD's here in the US such as tourneau and the like could not tell ANY watch on perfect clones from the real deal. At columbus circle here in NYC they are complete morons. Low paid people working on commission that usually know nothing about watches. Some of the stuff I hear them tell other potential buyers is comedy gold.

Even at the panerai boutique here I have had them misdescribe which movements are in which watches and tell me the 111 is a 005 etc etc etc....

That is beside the point, I do not care about being "called out" I just know what I like and what i do not like.

I like this watch but the AR and crystal do not pop like the gen. My wife can tell this, my co workers see this and most importantly I see it. It is still one of the best pam reps around.

We had 3 watches at work last night my 26k rep, a 111h gen and a 176k gen. I asked 3 non watch people the differences in the "glass" and "dial". 2 people asked if the 26k had a grey dial. That pretty much sums it up. It is washed out from weak AR.

My point to all this, the maker has done so much to make these better but he needs to get a better source for AR.

Dani,

I do not know about where you are but the panerai AD's here in the US such as tourneau and the like could not tell ANY watch on perfect clones from the real deal. At columbus circle here in NYC they are complete morons. Low paid people working on commission that usually know nothing about watches. Some of the stuff I hear them tell other potential buyers is comedy gold.

Even at the panerai boutique here I have had them misdescribe which movements are in which watches and tell me the 111 is a 005 etc etc etc....

That is beside the point, I do not care about being "called out" I just know what I like and what i do not like.

I like this watch but the AR and crystal do not pop like the gen. My wife can tell this, my co workers see this and most importantly I see it. It is still one of the best pam reps around.

We had 3 watches at work last night my 26k rep, a 111h gen and a 176k gen. I asked 3 non watch people the differences in the "glass" and "dial". 2 people asked if the 26k had a grey dial. That pretty much sums it up. It is washed out from weak AR.

My point to all this, the maker has done so much to make these better but he needs to get a better source for AR.

I do not know if the AR is not so good on the new hublot pams BUT the color of the dials is NOT the same as the genuine pams :whistling:

The 111J and 219 and 177L ALL has to much grey/brown in the color where the genuine is way more BLACKISH!

And the surface is also to shiny on all of the above mention pams ( maybe not the 111J that has almost the right structure on the surface!)

But IF You want Your pam to relly genuine the ONLY way is to buy a GENUINE one B)

I do not know if the AR is not so good on the new hublot pams BUT the color of the dials is NOT the same as the genuine pams :whistling:

The 111J and 219 and 177L ALL has to much grey/brown in the color where the genuine is way more BLACKISH!

And the surface is also to shiny on all of the above mention pams ( maybe not the 111J that has almost the right structure on the surface!)

But IF You want Your pam to relly genuine the ONLY way is to buy a GENUINE one B)

+1

These things cost $200

By the way, I know they are 200 bucks and I know I am nitpicking.

Again, I love the watch and nitpicking is what RWG is for. So let me have my fun.

If I want unicorns and rainbows I go to for paneristi for that :)

By the way, I know they are 200 bucks and I know I am nitpicking.

Again, I love the watch and nitpicking is what RWG is for. So let me have my fun.

If I want unicorns and rainbows I go to for paneristi for that :)

:lol: true..

Couldn't you write this response to almost any post on the forum? What's the point of saying that on a forum where 60-70 percent of the posts are about improving reps and mods.

The crown is too close to the case.... buy a gen dumbass

The crown is not thick enough....What's wrong with you? buy a gen

The lume is too weak......If you want bright lume buy a gen

My datewheel is sunken and the print is weak, anyone have lello's email?.......buy a gen and shut your piehole

My 7750 died after 1 day, where is The Zigmeister?........ The Zigmeister is out buying gens and cannot answer pms. Do you need tourneau's number? I heard they have gens.

:bangin: