When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Newest Toy Arrives

OiRogers

Got my newest toy in the mail a couple of days ago... Customs were nice enough to send it on unopened and uninspected...

The package arrived intact.. upon opening the mailer heres what I found

130316-19425.jpg

Upon cutting the watch out of the foam "protective sleeve" I found that thoughtfully someone had placed a protective layer of smashed watch-crystal over the face of my new toy. How thoughful :blink:

130316-19426.jpg

Truly impressed by the quality I beheld... I pressed onward, or rear ward, as it were... and found in addition to the neat-o hexagonal patterning on the viewback, someone at the post office had taken the time to place a beautiful spiderweb on the case back... talk about attention to detail. B)

130316-19427.jpg

And finally... I unwrapped my new baby and took a good long look at the face. Wow. Just Wow. Talk about exclusive watch design... Minutes at 7:15... Seconds at 9... Center Hour... man talk about a neat design. And check out the quality of that AR coating... its almost as if the crystal had be totally smashed and was just not there :D

130316-19428.jpg

Seriously though... my first DOA order. Makes me sad. Oh well... I ordered from a trusted dealer who I am in conversation with about replacement. From looking at the packaging, I have come to the conclusion that boxes are a good shipping method. I've never had a boxed watch damaged in transit, this is the first document mailer shipped watch I've gotten and it was beyond smooshed... I couldn't quite get the photo to show it but there is a nice concave pit into the dial which has destroyed any chance the poor movement ever had of ticking again.

Such is life. I have high hopes for the 2nd attempt on this watch. I'm also undetered on reps and will continue to purchase from our trusted sellers. Infact, I plan on ordering tomorrow either the Tag Link Chrono or one of those Omega P.O.s I've heard you kids are so wild about these days.

@The Zigmeister....

The crystal wasn't advertised as sapphire... It was listed by the seller as "synthetic crystal" which I took to mean... the same glass my 13 year old fossil quartz I wore in high-school has, meaning pretty easily scratched cause its prolly just a circular piece of glass.

Overall it's a cheap rep... less than 100usd. Asian Mvmt, "synthetic crystal"... but I had hoped to get a bit of wear out of it before it self-destructed. I'm a sucker for the Horseycars...

And I knew what I was ordering... I'd just hoped it would arrive intact :bounce: .. not having suffered :bangin: in the shipping process :black_eye: ...

I just took the caseback off and it seriously looks like the impact to the front crystal pushed the movement so hard it broke the back crystal from the inside... wow. :(

Yeesh... I'm actually curious is someone did line this up for a hammer shot .... without opening the package thats talent. :g:

w/o the crystal it is easier to set the time...you don't have to use the crown...

that is really bad luck to get a watch like that...have you checked that maybe the plane that delivered your watch crashed just before reaching the airport?!! :bicycle:

Hrm... there WAS a plane crash just south of my place the day or so prior to this delivery... I wonder.... :g: