When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Starting a Tudor Snowflake Project..

Guest jsuperman17

Guest jsuperman17

ive been drawn to the snowflake.. especially the no date model.. here's the dilemna.. i want to keep the price of the project minimum... like under 1k... i still cant believe the gens can be had for around 800 years ago!! now they go for 3k?!?! who the heck do they think they are?? so my other dilemna is which will fit a yuki dial.. i think its about 26mm... im working with pbdad and no base works.. he tried the new 5513 and no luck.. im almost forced to spend 450 for yuki's case... plus 150 for the dial and hands... thats 600 already!! so any suggestions guys for a good case? if anyone has a complete watch that would be great too...

There was a thread here regarding one of the cheap cases fitting a gen dial. Yuki and gen dial measures around 26.2mm i went the expensive route with yuki case, yuki dial, gen. 2784 and gen hands. With JMB's ability to engrave casebacks no need to get a yuki.

Guest jsuperman17

to tell you the truth... the caseback engraving is the least of my worries.. what case do you suggest i use to fit the yuki dial and hands?

Guest jsuperman17

do it voot! i succumbed to pressure and order the yuki case and dial/hands :D where should i get a eta 2783? or is a eta 2824 suffice since im doing the no date thing?

There are quite a few watches on the bay with movements in them, but any one of them will most likely need to be serviced which could add around $150 - $200 to the cost. (maybe less, but I am trying to give a worst case scenario here)

Do you have an estimated budget of how much you are looking to spend on this project?

Guest jsuperman17

Under 800 bucks red... So far I have 600 for the case/dial/hands from yuki I guess the 800 is def not feasible huh sigh* since its a no date dial.. I guess a 2846 or a 2824 maybe?

Guest jsuperman17

ok so 2846 it is! im not going to put a tudor rotor since i will be the only one seeing it :) ill update you guys when it's done... hey red.. you mind putting up pics of yours? is it a gen?

Guest jsuperman17

Hahaha well that's vintage for u... I can't use a 2846 for a 9411.. I looked at the spec sheet for 9401/9411 and the 2874 was a 25jewel 28.8k so I wonder if yuki takes a 2824 or a 2836?

Hahaha well that's vintage for u... I can't use a 2846 for a 9411.. I looked at the spec sheet for 9401/9411 and the 2874 was a 25jewel 28.8k so I wonder if yuki takes a 2824 or a 2836?

with the additional ETA spacer ring from yuki it will. i mean if youre buying a 5513 case, the tudors should fit it natively