When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Will the PAM 386 ever be repped?

Nebakanezzar

Wow, this new 386 is ridiculous! Any chance the composite/ceramic case will ever be repped?

no...

this ceramization process coating is not possible.

this case is made of aluminium ( ALMG 1 or ALMG 3 ) and with the composite / ceramization process the alu surface gets a ceramic coating.

and with further processings the surface will be colored in deep dark brown.

rolli

no...

this ceramization process coating is not possible.

this case is made of aluminium ( ALMG 1 or ALMG 3 ) and with the composite / ceramization process the alu surface gets a ceramic coating.

and with further processings the surface will be colored in deep dark brown.

rolli

Bummer, kinda figured it would be a long shot tho...wish i had a spare 10k lying around..lol! :)

I'm sure it will be repped... will it be done well or correctly? Not a chance.

i would be ecstatic for a ceramic rep that mimics the brown color of the composite/ceramic case...something like that would sell like hawtcakes!...dunno if mimicking the composite/ceramic is possible or not tho...other suggestions have been using a DLC coating...which could be kewl too...

Puretime said they are waiting for the release of the watch to have a better idea of the coating color. It sure won't be ceramic, but brown DLC...

There is a thread on RG about it...

Brown DLC could be interesting... obviously not true to Gen, but it would probably approach that 99% threshold of "close enough"

And I'm still under a lifetime ban at RG for unknown reasons... I hear the ownership has changed and the gentleman who decided to ban me is gone, but my interest in returning there remains 0.