When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariner Water proofing

craigb

evening all. i want to water proof my watch, but the caseback gasket is missing, tried replacing it with a gasket i had lying around but it doesnt stay in the groove and as soon as i tighten the case back its starts to come out. whould a decent gasket fix this problem? also other that the crown an tube gaskets will i need to do anything with the crystal to seal it? thanks :drinks:

evening all. i want to water proof my watch, but the caseback gasket is missing, tried replacing it with a gasket i had lying around but it doesnt stay in the groove and as soon as i tighten the case back its starts to come out. whould a decent gasket fix this problem? also other that the crown an tube gaskets will i need to do anything with the crystal to seal it? thanks :drinks:

Yes, the proper gasket will help. As for the crystal, is the watch a vintage (Acrylic crystal) or Modern (sapphire crystal)?

Yes, the proper gasket will help. As for the crystal, is the watch a vintage (Acrylic crystal) or Modern (sapphire crystal)?

its a modern sub, so i assume its sapphire. where can i get a decent gasket?if gen what part number would i be looking for? thanks

its a modern sub, so i assume its sapphire. where can i get a decent gasket?if gen what part number would i be looking for? thanks

I literally cannot imagine a reason to buy a gen rubber gasket.

On the other hand, when I used to run a Mitsubishi store we used to have guys come in and buy the "Mitsubishi" brake fluid for their Evos, I guess that's the same.

I literally cannot imagine a reason to buy a gen rubber gasket.

On the other hand, when I used to run a Mitsubishi store we used to have guys come in and buy the "Mitsubishi" brake fluid for their Evos, I guess that's the same.

the only reason i suggested gen, as i thought it would be better fit, il heve a look on the bay now. thanks :thumbsupsmileyanim: