When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Monte Carlo Chronograph Project completed

fijikid

So, a while ago I was asking around for help on dial fitment for old vs. newer Tudor Chronos because I wanted to stick a Yuki dial into my gen Tudor Tiger chrono. Several members gave me some good advice across several different forums and I opted to ship the watch and Yuki dial and hands off to someone who wouldn't completely [censored] the whole thing up and then stick all the parts in a little ziplock bag and put it next to all the other watches in ziplock bags waiting to be fixed/finished/sorted etc. I got this back the other day. Thanks to all who chimed in, kindly.

The dial did in fact need .5mm shaved off to fit into the newer style case. Slight alignment issues exist at the outer track, but it's not terribly noticeable. While I save up for a gen one of these ($10,000 ?), this will keep me pretty happy. All works nicely and pressure tested. This guy will go into many water bodies over the summer. And the whole thing is completely reversible should my tastes change down the road or I want to sell it as all original (with a bonus MC facelift!).

In the future, I might be inclined to build an entire Yuki version with the fixed bezel, but I really wanted the rotating bezel and he does not make that case, unfortunately. The blue version he has is pretty sick.

Hope you enjoy the pics as much as I'm enjoying this sucker!

face-web.jpg

side-web.jpg

Guest zeleni kukuruz

WoooooW m8, realy F@CKING nice!!!

I love it!!!!!!!!

Cogrates to this amazing build. How much did you spend total? If i may ask ;)

Edited by Zeleni Kukuruz

How much did you spend total? If i may ask ;)

Well, Zeleni, if you must know...A FOOKING LOT! :rolleyes: I was able to buy a Tudor Tiger for $2,000, then the Yuki dial and handset was like $250 or something like that, and my watch guy went in for $140 to shave the dial and install everything, put new gaskets in and pressure test it. So call it $2400 - jeez looks like a lot when you actually write it out! BUT, it's a fully legit Tudor Tiger ready to return to stock, which I'll easily get all this back out of when and if I ever sell it.

That all said, it's easily jumped to the top of my faves pile, passing a lot of sweet vintage divers on the way!

PS: if you order anything from Yuki, be super specific and don't just go on their stock descriptions or item codes :bangin: . In the end, Yuki does strive to please though.

Thanks for all the raves, fellas.