When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Rubber vs Gen Rubber

JohnDorian

It depends on which rep rubber version you're comparing it to..

I've had several in the past, they were all crap, too thin, wrong marks, bad finish, you name it

then the latest PAM005 came out - or PAM318, all from the same maker- and these straps are waaaayyyy better than any other -except for the vanilla scent-

So ,IMHO , and it's personal I know, but having compared it side by side , if compared to the latest generation, no it's not worth getting the gen.

my 2c

I have a gen rubber and comparing it to the rep rubber, it's night and day. The new H factory rubbers look the part but they are not as soft and they smell horrible.

You can grab a gen rubber on risti for about $75, tang or deployant.

DONT buy them off eBay, I bought a few over the years and they were just rep rubber straps in gen panerai bags. Luckily the sellers refunded my $

I have noticed a difference between the gen rubber that comes with the boxset and gen rubber for deployant. The Gen Panerai rubber for deployant is the most comfortable rubber strap in my opinion.

I couldnt live without my gen rubber and gen deployant. I switch it between my 112 and 219 all the time. It's the reason I picked up my first 112.

I have noticed a difference between the gen rubber that comes with the boxset and gen rubber for deployant. The Gen Panerai rubber for deployant is the most comfortable rubber strap in my opinion.

I couldnt live without my gen rubber and gen deployant. I switch it between my 112 and 219 all the time. It's the reason I picked up my first 112.

Rubber deployants are more comfortable for me too since the tail is much thinner. I do have to say that I hsve owned a few gens and the rubber straps actually seemed to vary based on either year or model it came with.

I dont know what series my gen rubber came from but like I said, it is the most comfortable strap, my 112 and/or 219 have the rubber on it at all times.

Put a wanted ad up on risti and/or TZ looking for the gen rubber you want (deployant or tang).

Thats what I did and had many emails and messages about them. Dont forget to do research on the seller and/or ask for references. I know its only $75, but you dont want to end up with a rep strap or get beat for your money.