When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETA 7750 new on the Bay

Yannou

It appears to be an ETA 7753 (from email with the seller).

Actually, it would be great if it was a 7750 with a Dubois-Depraz module applied; I've been looking for one of those (at a decent price) for several years.

I'll post again after it arrives.

I realize how imprecise "tricompax" is, and how it's become a generic term for a triple register 9-6-3 layout in a mechanical chronograph.

At that price however, I was willing to take a chance.

I bought some magic beans too.

Garrett

It appears to be an ETA 7753 (from email with the seller).

Actually, it would be great if it was a 7750 with a Dubois-Depraz module applied; I've been looking for one of those (at a decent price) for several years.

I'll post again after it arrives.

I realize how imprecise "tricompax" is, and how it's become a generic term for a triple register 9-6-3 layout in a mechanical chronograph.

At that price however, I was willing to take a chance.

I bought some magic beans too.

Garrett

A Dubois-Depraz module would go on a 2824-2, it would be redundant to put it on a 7750 which is already a chronograph movt. The D-D module has running seconds at three, not at 9 like the 7750/7753s. Since it sits on top of the 2824, pusher locations are above the stem/crown axis. Gevril did the Paul Newman Daytona homage piece with the D-D module a number of years ago- big tell was the running seconds at 3!

$300 for a 7753 is somewhat tempting.

• 4 weeks later...

I got mine; part of the delay was my fault. I Paypal'd to a misspelled address (no harm no foul...it didn't go through).

Once my payment got through it took 2 weeks exactly to receive the movement.

It's perfect in everyway. I haven't checked it's accuracy electronically yet, but I'll get to that eventually.

I'm going to build a franken of sorts in a Glashutte rep case with a sterile dial.

Garrett