When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob, What to buy?

nwaleslad

Hi there guys.

I've been perusing this forum for a few days now, and i must say it's brill...

So on to my quandary. My crap grand carrera rep has just bitten the dust, and i'm looking for something to replace it with.

Now i have my fancy weekend watch (Gen brown carrera day/date with silver strap.) That i love, and has the shiny, showy, fat side of things covered.

I'm wondering what to get for work. I'm a self employed controls engineer, so considering electrics and metal don't go too well, i'd prefer rubber, or fabric strap. It also doesn't do too well (In the UK at least) to demonstrate that you are doing too well, so i'm thinking understated.

What are your thoughts? I'd like it to be a rep, it's only going to get hard use. I'd also like it as easy as poss, ie no modding, no winding etc.

Thanks in advance,

Dan.

it's a real watch, but they got the hands and datewheel totally wrong. At least that's what it looks like in dealer pictures.

http://www.ablogtoread.com/black-on-black-the-sinn-u-black-limited-edition-watch/

Look around forums for anyone who maybe got one, but with a glaring flaw like that in the dealer pictures, i doubt many have. (AP diver anyone?)

http://www.1-pc8838.com/0si01110-automatic-ssru-asia-2813-free-shipping-p-7383.html

is what i'd go for.

Omega Planet Ocean, the watch that James Bond wears.

Go to the Omega forum and you will find loads of reviews and pics from guys who know far more than I do!!

Josh is doing a real good deal on the new 42mm PO, or Narikaa has his infamous POrikaa. Both can be found in the dealers section on the main forum page.

Sixx :bones:

A 42 or 45mm Planet Ocean will be perfect for the understated watch you are looking for, and a rubber diving strap will fill your non-conductive parameter. If course every bracelet or strap is going to have a metal buckle or clasp.