When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tutorial Request: Keyless Works Repair - 7750

redwatch

Hello RWG! I've done some quick searches but haven't found anything as of yet. Is there a decent photo tutorial for repairing a broken keyless works on a 7750 (or any other movement for that matter)??

If not, if someone can walk me through the steps, I would be happy to post one :D

this is what I use

http://www.eta.ch/swisslab/7750/7750.html

Unfortunately for you to get to the keyless you need to remove the date plate (not necessary to remove the DW etc which is a pain to put back).

Be very careful with the spring for the hour counter (the little bastard has a tendency to disappear without warning) and careful aligning the chrono posts with the top plate.

Edited by txcollector

this is what I use

http://www.eta.ch/swisslab/7750/7750.html

Unfortunately for you to get to the keyless you need to remove the date plate (not necessary to remove the DW etc which is a pain to put back).

Be very careful with the spring for the hour counter (the little bastard has a tendency to disappear without warning) and careful aligning the chrono posts with the top plate.

That is a fantastic guide!!! Thanks!

Hello RWG! I've done some quick searches but haven't found anything as of yet. Is there a decent photo tutorial for repairing a broken keyless works on a 7750 (or any other movement for that matter)??

I had just what you need (there was a link to it in this post), but it appears to have gotten lost during 1 of the forum upgrades. :cry2:

• 1 year later...

I have found another way to reset the keyless works in a 7750 without dial/hand removal. This just occured to me as I was re-reading this thread to refresh my memory since I messed up another one last night... Make sure movement is in winding mode. Insert stem and place movement into winding mode, then remove the stem... movement will not run, and other functions will not work, this is OK Place movement back into the case (as a holder). Now remove the balance bridge and wheel: remove one screw and carefully remove bridge with tweezers, lifting out the wheel on the spring. Now use a small pin to gently press the stop lever (#6 in pic balow) all the way back in. Then stick a pin into the stem hole and wiggle it out gently to be sure the castle wheel & gears are free. Very carefully re-install the balance wheel/bridge and the watch will now run. Now re-install the crown/stem as per usual, and if all goes well, you've fixed it... without touching the dial side :D

hackingleverina7750.jpg

I think my keyless got messed up on removal, I didn't remove the stem in winding position like I should have. Movement was hacked when I removed the stem. Simple mistake as I was a bit careless. Nevertheless, to fix it without dial removal saved me a lot of time, and work.

I should have mentioned that I borrowed that pic above just to show the hack lever. I didn't have to remove anything other than the balance bridge / wheel to get at the tip that contacts the balance wheel.

I have found another way to reset the keyless works in a 7750 without dial/hand removal. This just occured to me as I was re-reading this thread to refresh my memory since I messed up another one last night...

Make sure movement is in winding mode. Insert stem and place movement into winding mode, then remove the stem... movement will not run, and other functions will not work, this is OK

Place movement back into the case (as a holder). Now remove the balance bridge and wheel: remove one screw and carefully remove bridge with tweezers, lifting out the wheel on the spring.

Now use a small pin to gently press the stop lever (#6 in pic balow) all the way back in. Then stick a pin into the stem hole and wiggle it out gently to be sure the castle wheel & gears are free.

Very carefully re-install the balance wheel/bridge and the watch will now run.

Now re-install the crown/stem as per usual, and if all goes well, you've fixed it... without touching the dial side :D

WOW.. You are a true master to figure that out. It is an old watchmakers trick I learned from Z!ggy! Well done. It safes the hassle of removing all the dial side stuff.

@Red: how the hell did you manage to mess op the keyless on a 7750. That is a rare issue on a 7750 movement.