When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seamaster 300

dbutlerman

I am starting a Vintage Omega Seamaster 300 with all new parts (less movement) similar to what WatchCo out of Australia does. The only thing I am in need of is an Omega Caliber 565 Movement. Does anybody out there have an old Omega that has a working 565 movement in it. I can get them on Ebay out of old watches, and some loose movements, but I wanted to see if anybody on here already has one.

Thanks!

Hi!

I am in the middle of an sm300 build right now myself. Like you, I had hoped I could find a movement alone and scoured the watch boards and vintage dealers until I gave up... and finally just bought a vintage watch on ebay.

I had set a limit of 180 and lost many auctions. After a few weeks I gave up and ended up spending 220$ on my old watch from a seller in Israel. I bought my nos dial,hands and blk datewheel from CousinsUK and they came in last week. I am using a Viet Nam case for now and will update it with a nos Omega case in a few months.

The sm300 is an awesome watch and the Omega cal 565 is a steller movement!

Good luck on your project!

Very nice watch rsea! I belive Yuki uses the Viet Nam case also.

Love these !

Edit to add: db2, if you don't have any parts yet..chiman has a complete watch on the for sale forum right now if you want a head start!

Cheers man. I'm not familiar with the case differences. This was bought research free on impulse off another member

I mostly got for PAMs and this is so tiny on my wrist with its 20mm lugs. The bund fattens it up and gives it way more presence. I've often thought about selling it but I've now owned it longer than any other rep and I suspect it'll be a keeper

Thanks woof* I do already have some parts on order and I am really wanted to go with the OEM replacement case. They are kind of scarce at the moment. I have one on order from Cousins right now. They show that they are on back order from the Factory. I am trying to find another option here stateside, but am not having much luck. Right now I have inbound: Dial, Hands, Stems, Case Clamps and Screws....Now I need a Case and Movement...