When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ethics among members

siesta181

You know, I think I would probably help my friend and offer the movement to him if I was 'buyer #2'. It's just a material object; friendships are worth more than that to me.

You couldn't have put it better, mate. And you'd be surprised to know who buyer 1 is, actually. ;)

Sent from my RafDroidHD using Tapatalk

So now let's spice it up a little. Now that the deed is done and buyer#2 has the movement do you offer it to buyer #1 if he is one of the known hoarders of Angelus movements and there are a few on the forums. Of course as I write this I have no idea who buyer and seller are. Just curious whether people's opinions change.

I read it as Buyer B asking if the seller had another movement for sale, and was willing to pay for it. Instead of Seller saying "No, I have only got the one" or "I can get hold of one for you" they instead sold the only movement they had at the higher price to Buyer B, leaving Buyer A hanging with his cheese in the wind... (never had the chance to use that expression till now, thankyou, John Hughes :drinks: ) Not fair on Buyer A, but not Buyer B's fault... As with when I tried on the GMTIIc, the AD should never have offered me the option to purchase it, they should have honored their reservation with their original client...

I have to go along with T,this Is how I read it. Just a thought T,do you think that Ad could have made the "reserve" bull [censored] up?,If Indeed bs. I know that people In sales pull this "reserve" bs all the time,just to get someone to buy now. Just a thought :g: "Every litte cheese seems to whisper Louise" (Maurice Chevalier..1929) :drinks: Mike

Ok, some clarification is needed. Did buyer #1 lose his money? I think that makes a pretty huge difference. If so, both buyers need to be going after this seller using every means possible.

Umm, hard to follow, for sure, but I think Buyer #1 just got 'gazumped'. Meaning he got outbid, after the close of the auction, which makes it dirty pool. Seller saw an opportunity when buyer #2 let him know it was worth more. Then seller arranged for Buyer #2 to get it, thus in the parlance of the real estate biz, gazumping buyer number 1, who'd not paid for it. Hard to discern whether buyer #2 knew the seller was effectively nullifying the auction results for nefarious reasons. If buyer #2 knew he was stealing buyer #1's 'deal', then it's a bit shady, for sure. Hardly worth all the hand-wringing, though. What goes around definitely comes around...eventually.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Are we going to name names here or just pussy around the fact?!

Surely if a member of one of the boards would do that to a fellow member it would be nice to know who to stay away from and who not to tell of good finds!!

+10

Sixx :bones:

from what I've heard buyer 1 paid for the auction after bidding ended. Buyer 2 offered more money so seller created another ad so buyer 2 could win it. Buyer 2 paid for it and received the clock.

Not clear if buyer 1 has been refunded but that's an ebay standard case to get the money back.

The net of the story is: buyer 2 most likely knew exactly what he was doing to buyer 1 and even tried to photoshop pics to hide the deed.